Chapter 39: Group hug

I had created a monster.

I had created a sex-crazed monster and I wasn't even sorry.

The morning after her first time - I didn't even have words for what went down, all I will say is - whoa.

Like, really, wow. One might think that Lauren would be completely spent after a night like that, but seemed like she had regenerated her energy in her sleep and was ready to go once she woke up. She was a fast learner and an even better doer, and once she was finished, I wondered how I would ever be able to get aroused again. Satisfied to the bones.

But we had to get up at some point; our rumbling stomachs were too impatient to let us go for another round. So Lauren hopped into the shower while I tried my luck at finding something in the fridge that I knew how to cook.

Oh, pancakes. I knew how to do pancakes.

"Fuck!"

Taking it back. I knew how to do them, but apparently, I just wasn't able to. To be honest, I had no idea how to even use all of these things in my kitchen. As a small kid, I had been so spoiled by my fathers that they had never required me to learn how to cook, not even at least the basic things. Whenever I had been hungry, they had cooked it for me and whenever they hadn't been there, I had ordered in or gone out to eat.

And even after they had left, I still had butler Jerry to cook for me. But I rarely let him do that, because most of the time, I wouldn't meet him in the apartment. He always did the household stuff when I was at school, ensuring me privacy once I was home. It was what I had required long time ago, he was only a half-time butler.

I threw the burnt pancakes - or what were supposed to be pancakes - into the trash bin.

"Good to see that your cooking skills haven't changed."

Almost dropping my pan, I whipped around and let out a startled yell when I saw Kate sitting on a barstool.

"What the -" I shouted, first in shock, then in anger. "How long have you been sitting here?"

Kate rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "What? No good morning?"

I shot her a glare and put the pan back onto the stove. "Yeah, well, I usually say good morning to people I see coming. How did you get in anyway?"

She raised one eyebrow and held up a key. "Your second spare key, remember? You gave it to me for emergencies. And I do think that it's an emergency when you starve to death here though your fridge is full."

"Haha," I dryly said, opening said fridge to find something else to burn.

"No need to waste more food," I heard Kate say behind me. "Jake and Nikki are getting breakfast since we all know you can't cook. And though we're not worried about you poisoning yourself, we don't want Lauren to have any bad memories of New York."

"Charming," I muttered, taking out some orange juice from the fridge. Grabbing two glasses from the cupboard, I set one in front of Kate and filled hers first.

"Speaking of charming, where is your girlfriend?" Kate said before taking a sip of her drink.

"Shower," I curtly answered, downing my own glass.

"Oh my, so moody," Kate muttered into her glass, "and here I thought you finally got laid."

I choked on the orange juice and accidentally spilled some on my white tank top.

"Ha, I totally knew it," I heard her say in a triumphant voice. "Wanna know how I know you got laid?"

"No."