Chapter 4: Homecoming Night

It was after the homecoming game was over Sutton was grading papers in her mom's kitchen it was 1 in the morning. She heard her phone buzzing and she said " Hello." 

"Coach Jones' a girl said in almost a whisper

"Yeah.." she said 

"It's Alexia  um help me.." Alexia said

"Honey what's wrong?' she said

"I was leaving the party and one of the boys attacked me and he .." Alexia started to cry 

'Okay I'll be right there where are you." she said 

She whispered the address to her and Sutton ran upstairs and pulled her clothes on her and said "Mom I have to go one of my girls are in trouble." 

"Okay baby I got Ansley you go baby." she said half asleep.

Sutton grabbed her keys and found Alexia sitting on the curb and still in her cheer uniform. "Hey hey look I'm here." as she helped her into her car and took her to the ER and said "Alexia I have to call your parents okay?'

"Okay.." she said as the nurse performed the rape kit on her.

She called Alexia's parents and then swallowed hard and called Bucky. Bucky was asleep when he heard his phone buzzing and he groaned and said "Hello." 

"Hey James it's Sutton.." she said

"Sutton why are you calling me at 2 in the morning." he said 

"Um well I need you to meet me at the ER cause I'm here with one of my cheerleaders." she said 

"What?' he said as he sat up in his bed.

"Got your attention now." she said

"yes you do darlin I'll be right there." he said 

He pulled his clothes on and headed to the hospital. He walked in and found Sutton "you know you look like you haven't been to bed." he said

"Cause I was grading papers when she called me" she said 

They went over to where she was and she looked up at Bucky and with her busted lip and bruises. Her mom said "Baby you need to tell them who did this to you." 

She looked down and said "Knox Jameson." 

Bucky sighed and said "The one player I have to constantly get on for cat calling." 

"Well we will be having a nice chat with him tomorrow morning." she said as she walked off. 

"Sutton wait.." he said as he caught up to her at her car. 

She turned around and he said "can we make it in the afternoon." 

She smiled and said "I guess so.." 

He smiled and said "I'm sorry if I sounded hateful when you called. I didn't mean to." 

"It's fine I know it's late." she said 

"Um why were you grading papers so late." he said 

"I sometimes have trouble sleeping and it's not because of Ansley she sleeps through the night know." she said 

"Why are you having trouble sleeping darlin" he said as he lifted her chin.

She swallowed hard and said "I just um I have nightmares." as she looked up at him.

"What if you stayed with me and I held you all night would that make them go away." he said 

"I um James you know that I .." she said but was cut off by his lips grazing hers. He whispered "Do you want me to stop." 

"I um I" she said as she looked up at him.

"Baby you can't be afraid anymore I would never do a damn thing to hurt you like that." he said 

She swallowed hard and said "James please I you are an amazing guy but I just I'm a mess and I have a daughter and I have a lot of things wrong with me." He kissed her again to shut her up and he said "Shh I know you have daughter and I know that you think that you are a mess and that you think you have all these things wrong you but baby doll you are gorgeous and strong and a damn good coach the fact that you picked up Alexia and brought her here and took care of everything shows how much you care about your girls and my god you are so crazy beautiful to me dollbaby. But if you want time that's fine I'll wait till you are ready." 

"You would do that for me." she said confused

"I would do anything that would make you happy." he said 

She bit her lip and pulled out her phone and texted her mom. "Can I follow you." she said 

"Yeah." he said 

She got into her car and he went to his and pulled up to get in front of her and she followed him back to his place.