4

Taehyung avoided Jungkook for a few days, only conversing with him when required. Tae cleaned when nobody was home, and hung out with Jimin most of the time. When he did have to talk to Jungkook, he blushed profusely and stuttered like no tomorrow.

Jungkook was slowly getting frustrated with Taehyung's behavior and merely rolled his eyes whenever Tae acted like that.

Taehyung, on the other hand, thought he was doing Jungkook a favor by staying out of his way. Sure, it was a little awkward, but it would be fine.
On Sunday, Taehyung decided to go downtown. It was sunny and the air was still outside, so it stopped the bite of the cold that waas most definitely there. Tae walked alone, but he was happy, like most of the time. He eyed the shop windows, never going in to buy anything, but enjoying himself just the same. He saw clothing stores and bakeries and coffee shops that were cute and cozy looking, and he tried to remember the last time he had had hot chocolate.
"11 years ago," He whispered to himself, smiling a little sadly. Tae shook his head and reminded himself to stay positive. He was still walking when he realized a poster hanging in a bookstore window that said they were hiring. Taehyung stopped at the door and walked in, warm air and the smell of cinnamon welcoming him. He breathed deeply and walked up to the desk by the entrance and got out a job questionnaire. He walked over to the bakery area (like Barne's & Noble, but smaller) and sat himself at one of the chairs to fill it out.
As he was writing his information, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Taehyung turned around to see a... sort of pretty person. He had hair dyed light brown and broad shoulders, and Tae turned around to see him put a pink flip phone in his apron pocket.
"Are you filling out an application?" He asked curiously.
"Yeah, I need a job and this seemed like a really welcoming place," Taehyung replied, smiling.
"I'm Seokjin, the manager. I'm also a baker in the bakery."

"I'm Taehyung. I just saw this store and figured I might as well apply," Tae said with a smile. "We really do need more employees, it would be helpful," Seokjin said. In an afterthought, he added, "Actually, since I'm already here, do you wanna just do a live interview now?"

"That would be great, thanks!"

Seokjin led Taehyung to a nice-looking office that had a small, squishy couch and a large mahogany desk. There were two chairs that matched the plush, dark teal couch.
"Sit anywhere you like," Seokjin said kindly. I sat on one of the chairs and watched as Seokjin sat not at his desk, but on the couch. He looked at me with a wink and said, "That desk chair really isn't comfy, if you know what I mean."
Taehyung giggled at his childish manner.
"So. First of all, you can just call me Jin."
"Okay, Jin-Ssi!" he said happily.
"No no no, try again. Jin."
"O-okay. Hi Jin. I'm Taehyung, but you can call me Tae." Tae had never met someone who dismissed honorifics.
"Good. How old are you, Taehyung?"
"I'm nineteen."
"Perfect, that means you can work longer hours, unless you're in college, of course."
"I'm not in college, it's too expensive, and I need to keep my stepdad's house clean."
Jin smiled at him. "Well, this will get you some money if you get the job, which is likely as we're rather short-staffed right now." The two boys continued the interview, which wasn't even very formal. They laughed a lot and Tae came to discover Jin was 21 and had a boyfriend of 5 years named Namjoon that he wanted to marry, and had a very motherly personality.

When the interview was over, Tae and Jin stood up and shook hands, not formally, but friendly.
"Here, since you're nice and adorable, have a free hot chocolate," Jin said, leading the way to the cafe.
"N-no, I'm okay, I'll pay for it," Taehyung said hurriedly.
"No, you will accept my gift of SARANGE!" Jin said the last word loudly and strangely.
"Thank you," Tae said sweetly while bowing.
"Any time, just be prepared to work by next Monday!" Jin said with a smile.
Taehyung looked up. "I'm hired?" He asked, surprised.
"Ummm, yeah, I like you, so you're hired," Jin said with a shrug.
"Y-you can't do that, can you?" Tae asked.
"Sure I can, I'm also the CEO, I just choose to work in the cafe as well.
"Oh, wow, thank you so much!" Tae smiled and ran out in the direction of Jimin's house t.o tell him