10

Taehyung was walking next to Jungkook, still hand in hand with him, which Tae noticed. He pulled his hand away and looked down at the ground.
"Where are w-we going?" Taehyung asked quietly, not looking up from the ground.
"I told you, one of my favorite spots to think. It's not very far, and I don't think you'll regret following me." Jungkook smiled softly at Taehyung, which the latter didn't notice, due to his current state of staring at the ground.
They walked for about 20 minutes, which seemed quite long, but Taehyung didn't know where they were going, so he couldn't judge. Finally, he felt Jungkook stop. Or, for lack of better term, he ran into his back.
"S-sorry, I didn't notice you stopped, I'm sor-"
"-Taetae, it's honestly okay, you don't need to apologize for every little thing," Jungkook said in a fond manner.
Taehyung nodded and looked at the ground again.
"Hey, look up," Jungkook said softly. Tae looked up and gasped. In front of him, there was a large pond, the water so clear you could see to the bottom in most places. (For the record, I did research to find this XD)
There was a long, thin wooden walkway that stretched out and then turned right into some trees to provide shade.
"Do you like it?" Jungkook asked quietly.
"Taehyung nodded in awe.
"It's the Botanical Garden of Byeokchoji. Jimin took me here when we were little and mom and dad were-"
Jungkook started with a happy smile, but trailed off into silence.
"This is a small part of it that not many people know about, but it's a fairly big place. There was a spot that permitted fishing, and there was a delightful old man named Jae-Geun, and he was there every Sunday afternoon and evening. He had the warmest smile, and he would always ask us how we were, and you could tell he genuinely meant it." Jungkook had a faint, slightly sad smile on his face and Taehyung listened, enthralled. Tears pricked his eyes as he pictured a smaller version of Jungkook and Jimin, leaving the house to come here, and Jungkook getting excited to see the old man named Jae-Geun. Taehyung smiled faintly.
"Thanks for listening, Taetae," Jungkook said, now looking at Taehyung.
"I liked listening. You should tell me more stories like that." Tae smiled.
Jungkook walked ahead of Tae and walked down the wooden path towards the trees that provided shade, and Tae took that as a sign to follow. When he stepped into the cover of the trees, he was blown away at how cool it was, and how dim the lighting got. He noticed the fairy lights winding up the tree trunks and he remembered his camera that he had forgotten to take out of his bag last time he went on a picture-taking spree. He began taking pictures of the beautiful garden, the fairy lights wrapped around the tree trunks, and even Jungkook leaned up against the tree, his boxy smile never leaving his face.
Jungkook couldn't help but smile at Tae's behavior.
"You like taking pictures, huh?"
Taehyung nodded. He walked over to Jungkook and sat by him.
"D'you wanna see them?" Tae asked softly.
Jungkook nodded and Tae showed him all the pictures he took that day, and Jungkook couldn't really believe his eyes. The pictures were beautiful, the focus perfectly measured, everything was balanced and perfect.
"Do you like them?" Tae asked shyly.
"I love them, they're beautiful," Jungkook said with a soft smile, before adding on, "We do need to talk now, though."
Tae nodded slowly and cautiously.
"About what?"
"About this." Jungkook said, pointing at himself and Tae.
"I dont' u-understand. I d-didn't notice anything was wrong," Tae said, smiling nervously.
"Taetae, we haven't talked in forever, and we live under the same roof. I want to be closer to you. Not everything can happen all at once, but I think we can get closer." Jungkook explained.
Taehyung blushed.
Jungkook actually wanted to get closer to him.
For some reason, that struck a chord in Tae's heart. He felt a tear roll down his cheek and sniffed.
Jungkook noticed and grabbed his hand, running his thumb across Tae's knuckles.
"Hey, shh, don't cry, it's gonna be okay." Jungkook pulled Tae into a warm, comforting embrace.
"Dammit, Jungkook. You're too whipped for your own good." He thought to himself.
"Let's go home," He said out loud."
Tae furrowed his eyebrows, which was adorable in Jungkook's eyes. "But I have to go back to work."
Jungkook sighed and smiled. "Jin-Hyung won't care. C'mon!"
Jungkook grabbed Tae's hand, pulled him up, and they started walking home, both equally happy that they were talking again, hand in hand, and smiling widely.