Epilogue

Epilogue

Paxton's POV

"Let's welcome Paxton to the show, everyone." The host yells out. The whole crowd gets up and starts clapping and cheering out my name. My nerves start to bubble up in my stomach. This always happens just before I go out in front of a huge crowd. Cam leans up and pecks my cheek, wishing me a 'good luck.' She squeezes my hand once more then urges me to go out onto the stage.

I kiss her cheek before walking out. I walk out to the center of the stage, trying to avoid staring out at the huge cheering crowd. I shake the host hand and then plop down on the couch behind us.

"So a little birdie told me that you've just been given the position of captain on the state team." The crowd cheers louder as the news is announced.

This time I dare to look out at the sea of people. Everyone is up and out of their seats, jumping around, screaming out words of encouragement. I can't help but smile at the sound of my supportive fans.

"I wish I knew this little birdie," I start chuckling. "But that's true. Our previous team, mate, and captain stood down. So he could peruse other career options. I can honestly say that I'm blessed that he chose me out of everyone on the team to take over this big position. I hope that I can fill his shoes and hopefully make the team stronger and more successful, though I'm not sure how I'm going to make it any better," I laugh, mumbling the last part.

The host burst out laughing, "I also heard you were engaged to your current girlfriend. Is that true as well?" If I thought the cheering and clapping were crazy, those fans are going just bumped is up to an insane level of cheering over what this guy had just commented on.

"Who tells you this stuff?" I question, laughing. "I seriously want to know who this little birdie is! I just proposed to my long term girlfriend last night - finally as most people are saying all over twitter and facebook this morning."

"I agree with them. I thought you'd never pop the question to her." The host turns back towards the crowd, "she's back stage, shall we call her out?" He yells into the microphone to the audience.

They all scream out 'yes.' I turn back to look at the entrance I had previously come through. They're hiding behind one of the workers was Cam with a worried look plastered on her face.

I jump off of the chair and grab her, dragging her out onto the stage. She immediately tries to hide behind me. The audience 'awws' at how shy and cute she is being.

I lead her over to the couch, forcing her to sit down next to me. I wrap my arm around her waist. In a last ditch effort to somehow bring comfort to her. She snuggles closer to my side.

"Cam tends to get a little shy in front of audiences like these," I nod, gesturing to the huge crowd. The host laughs.

"So any thoughts about the future?" he questions.

This time I smirk. "I guess you're little birdie isn't all so good with supplying information. Camelia gasps and starts blushing bright red.

"And what news would that be?" he asks, leaning over towards us.

I lay my other hand down on Cam's belly, rubbing it slightly over the tiny bump forming there. "We're having a baby." The whole crowd gasps then 'aws,' "So soon enough we'll have a little one running around the house. Hopefully, we'll have more though. Now that I have my dream career set in place, I want to start working on the family aspect of life." I smile.

"Well, you seem to be doing very well in life. Anything else we should know?" He asks, a curious glint in his eyes.

"Nope. All you should know is that I have finally managed to land my career and that I have a beautiful soon to be wife and child on the way and I'm absolutely stoked about life at the moment," I say, leaning down to kiss Cam on the lips.

*~* The End *~*