Flesh And Stone

an - So sorry that i haven't uploaded in a while. I have been busy with school and my grandmother passed away recently. So i have been feeling really depressed lately and I just couldn't write anything. BUT i'm trying to get into writing again, so enjoy :)

Maze of the dead, at the Byzantium

Everyone recovers from the jump. Andy is sitting on the ground. The Doctor stands "Up! Look up!"

"You ok?" River asks Andy.

"What happened?" Andy asks River, not answering his question.

"We jumped"

"Jumped where?" Andy asks.

"Up, up, look up!" the Doctor continues.

"Where are we?" Andy asks, looking around.

"Exactly where we were" River answers him.

"No we're not"

"Move your feet!" the Doctor tells Andy, crouching down and sonics an indentation on the floor.

Andy looks around "Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain"

The Doctor groans, standing up "Oh, come on, Andy, think! The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?" they are standing on the bottom of the Byzantium.

"The artificial gravity. One good jump," She jumps in enthusiasm, "and up we fell. Shot out the grav-globe to give us an updraft, and here we are!" She returns to sonic the indentation.

"Doctor. The statues, they look more like angels now" Octavian tells her, pointing his gun at them.

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army!" the indentation opens up into the ship just as the lights start going out. "They're taking out the lights. Look at them, look at the angels. Into the ship, now, quickly all of you!"

"But how?" Andy asks, looking to the Doctor just as she jumps down the hole, "Doctor!" He peers into the hole to see the Doctor standing upright.

"It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the angels. Move, move, move!" She uses the screwdriver on a keypad.

"Ok, men, go, go, go!" Octavian joins the Doctor, "The angels, presumably they can jump up too?"

The door closes once everyone is inside. "They're here. Now. In the dark, we're finished" a large door behind them closes, blocking their only escape, "Run!" the Doctor shouts, but it's too late.

"This whole place is a death trap" Octavian shouts after her.

"No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic," the angels try to come in the exterior door. "Oh, just me then. What's through here?" the Doctor asks pointing at the door behind her.

"Secondary flight deck" River tells her.

"Ok. So we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?" Andy asks panicked.

River begins to work on bypassing the power.

"I've thought about that" The Doctor tells Andy.

"And?"

"And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See I've thought about it. The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them, it's impossible"