The Big Bang

Andy's Bedroom

1,894 years later and one star at least is still burning brightly. It's night. The red pinwheel turns in the breeze in the garden. Upstairs, a little red-haired boy is saying his prayers.

"Dear Santa. Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I don't wake you, but, honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not, because at night there's voices. So, please, please, could you send someone to fix it, or a policeman, or..." a strange wind whistles outside, "Back in a moment"

He runs to the window, but there is nothing there. The moon hands in a starless sky.

**********

Living Room

The nice lady psychiatrist is looking at a painting of the moon and stars, "It's a lovely painting, Andrew. And what are all these?"

"Stars" Andrew answers her.

"Oh, Andrew" Sharon sighs.

"Tell you what, shall we go outside?" the psychiatrist suggests.

**********

Outside The House

"What do you see, Andrew?" She asks him, with her hands on his shoulders.

"The moon"

"And what else?"

"Just the dark"

"But no stars. If there were stars up there, we'd be able to see them, wouldn't we? Andrew, look at me. You know this is all just a story, don't you? You know there's no such thing as stars" she tells him. Andrew doesn't answer, just turns his gaze back to the sky.

 Andrew doesn't answer, just turns his gaze back to the sky

**********

Staircase

Andy listens to the adult voices downstairs, "But there's bound to be a bit of him that feels alone. Andrew's a really good person. It's quite common, actually. Throughout history, people have talked about seeing stars in the sky. God knows where it comes from"

"I just don't want him growing up and joining one of those star cults. I don't trust that Richard Dawkins" Christine and Sharon walk across the hallway from the kitchen to the living room.

Someone in a red fez puts a leaflet through the door. Andrew runs down to get it. It's titled The Anomaly and features the Pandorica at the National Museum. Someone has written on it in red ink – Come along, Pond.

**********

National Museum

Andrew drags his aunt Sharon, "Come on, Aunt Sharon"

Bittersweet and strange ~ Doctor who [3]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara