Cold Blood

"This is the story of our planet, earth. Of the day a thousand years past when we came to share it with a race know as Humanity. It is the story of the Doctor, who helped our races find common ground, and the terrible losses she suffered. It is the story of our past and must never be forgotten"

City

"This place is enormous and deserted

"This place is enormous and deserted. The majority of the race are probably still asleep. We need to find Andy. Looking for heat signature anomalies" the Doctor tells Nasreen.

"But Doctor, how can all this be here? I mean, these plants" Nasreen points out.

"Must be getting closer to the center of the city"

"You're sure this is the best way to enter?" Nasreen asks her.

"Front door approach. Definitely. Always the best way" the Doctor says just as an alarm sounds.

"Hostile life forms detected area seventeen"

"Apart from the back door approach. That's also good. Sometimes better" the Doctor comments.

"Hostile life forms detected area seventeen"

"Doctor" Nasreen says as warriors approach from both sides.

"We're not hostile. We're not armed. We're here in peace" the Doctor tries to defuse the situation but a warrior steps forward and gasses them with its weapon.

**********

Laboratory

The Doctor is being scanned, and it's hurting her. "Argh"

"How can they have escaped? This proves all prisoners should remain under military guard" Restac tells Malohkeh.

"I'm sure you'd prefer to be in charge of everything and everyone, Restac, but we rank the same. Is there any word from Alaya?"

"No"

"It's fine to show concern, you know. She's part of your gene-chain. I'm decontaminating now"

The Doctor overhears what he said, "Decontamination? No, no, no" that hurts her even more. "No! argh!"

"It's all right, it won't harm you. I'm only neutralizing all your ape bacteria" Malohkeh tries to assure her.

"I'm not an ape. Look at the scans. Two hearts. Totally different. Totally not ape! Remove all human germs, you remove half the things keeping me alive" the Doctor explains. Malohkeh turns off the decontamination machine.

"No, complete the process" Restac tells him.

"Oh, that's much better, thanks. Not got any celery, have you? No. No, not really the climate. Tomatoes, though. You'd do a roaring trade in those. I'm the Doctor. Oh, and there's Nasreen. Good"