A Good Woman Goes To War

Space Bar backroom

"Gentlemen, good news. My agents have procured the exact security software that you requested. The very latest upgrade. I extracted it from the memory of a Judoon trooper. Well, I say extracted. It was quicker to take the whole brain. And to be honest, I don't think he's going to miss it" Dorium, a large blue man, speaks to a cloaked figure.

The cloaked figure holds out its hand for the small box, "Ah, ah, ah. A small matter of payment, I think" Dorium says and the cloaked figure holds out a pouch and he snatches it.

"Delightful. Oh, I do enjoy sentient money, the way it wriggles. You'll find it in the frontal lobe. Should be quite easy, there's not a lot in there. But all this to imprison one child? Oh, I know what you're up to. I hear everything in this place. I even hear rumors about whose child you've taken. Are you mad? You know the stories about the Doctor, the things that woman has done. God help us if you make her angry"

**********
White Room

On Demon's Run, an asteroid modified into a habitation, a baby has been born. His name is Lyall Pond.

"I wish I could tell you that you'll be loved, that you'll be safe and cared for and protected. But this isn't a time for lies. What you are going to be, Lyall is very, very brave" Rory whispers to her baby.

The Eye Patch Lady, Madame Kovarian, steps forward from the line of armed guards, "Two minutes"

Rory just glances at her before she focuses on her baby again, "But not as brave as they'll have to be. Because there's someone coming. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but trust me, he's on his way"

**********

Cyberspaceship

Twenty thousand light years away, non-Cybus Industries logoed but otherwise identical cybermen stomps through the corridors.

"Intruder level nine"

"Seal level nine"

**********

White room

"There's a man who's never going to let us down, and not even an army can get in the way"

Madame Kovarian comes to take the baby, "Leave him. Just you leave him. Please leave him! Please, leave him!" Rory cries.

**********

Cyberspaceship

The ship is shaking, "Intruder level eleven"

"Seal levels twelve, thirteen and fourteen"

"Intruder, level fifteen"

**********

White room

Lyall is in a high-tec Moses basket, Rory leans over him as she continues to speak to him, "He has traveled the universe

Lyall is in a high-tec Moses basket, Rory leans over him as she continues to speak to him, "He has traveled the universe. He has seen places long since passed. And wherever they take you, Lyall, however scared you are, I promise you, you will never be alone. Because this man is your father"