The Hungry Earth

(Skipping episode 7 Amy's choice)

Graveyard

The Tardis has landed. "Behold, Rio" The Doctor exclaims as they walk out of the Tardis.

 "Behold, Rio" The Doctor exclaims as they walk out of the Tardis

"Nah" Andy shakes his head.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe" Rory comments.

"No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" the Doctor jumps up and down, "Ground feels strange. Just me. Wait. That's weird"

"What's weird?" Rory asks her.

"Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place. Doctor, it's freezing, and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here. Doctor, you listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach" Andy complains.

"Blue grass. Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot" the Doctor tells them.

"Why are those people waving at us?" Andy asks, pointing to two figures on the other side of the valley.

"Can't be" the Doctor muses.

Rory waves back, "Don't" Andy stops her.

The Doctor uses a pair of binoculars, "It is. It's you two"

"No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory asks.

"Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic" the Doctor explains.

"We're still together in ten years?" Andy asks surprised.

"No need to sound so surprised" Rory tells him.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" Andy suggests.

"Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and oh look. Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing" the Doctor rambles.

"We're not going to have a look, are we?" Andy asks.

"Let's go and have a look. Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing" The Doctor says as she starts to walk away.

"If she can't get us to Rio, how's she ever going to get us back home?" Rory asks.

"Did you not see over there? It all works out fine" Andy assures her.

"After everything we've seen, we just drop back into our old lives? The nurse and the kissogram?"

"I guess. She's getting away" Andy is about to walk after the Doctor but Rory stops him.