8.

Saturday
September 27th, 2013
3:21 PM

Nyla B.

"How would you like that steak cooked?" The waitress, Isabelle, asked me

"Medium well."

She scribbled on her pad, "would you like sour cream and butter in your baked potato?"

"Yes, please," I folded the menu in and handed it to her. She tucked the menu under her notepad and turned to Damon, "what will you be having this afternoon?" She smiled.

Damon skimmed over the menu for the fourth time. I loathe going to restaurants with him when he chooses to be really indecisive. "Um," he ran his finger tip over the laminated menu, "I'm going to have the grilled salmon with asparagus and roasted potatoes. I don't want the potatoes cooked too hard and I would like a nice char on my salmon please." He handed her the menu. "How do y'all cook the asparagus?"

"Really?" I asked. He pointed his finger without looking at me, "mind ya business."

Isabelle laughed, "they're grilled and seasoned with salt and pepper."

"What about butter?"

"We use olive oil."

"Can you replace the olive oil with butter?"

"Of course," she jotted down his order and he handed her the menu. "Your entrees will be out shortly." She smiled before walking off.

I picked up my glass of Merlot, "you do entirely too much."

"Who has to eat it? Me or you, boo boo?" He titled his head and widened his eyes while poking out his lips causing me to laugh. I sipped the dry wine and placed the glass back onto the table.

"Bitch," Damon eyes were on my breast, "I know good and damn well you did not go get your nipples pierced." I poked my chest out, "they look good, huh?" I stuck my tongue out and pressed my teeth into my tongue while I bounced my breast.

"They do but the question is when did that happen? I just saw you the other night and them titties was plain Jane." I burst out laughing, "two days ago."

"Why didn't you call me? You didn't have to go by yourself."

I shrugged and sipped my wine. Damon tilted his head, "You went with someone, didn't you? Who?"

"A friend."

His eyes went wide and he looked over the both of his shoulders before looking back at me, "a friend? I could've sworn you only had one friend and the last time I checked she is me and I am her." He sat back in his seat and threw his shoulder while looking me up and down, "so who is this...friend?"

"You don't know him."

"Him?" He asked dramatically. "Take me to the king and just leave my pretty ass all in the dark. Who is 'him'?"