18.

Friday,
October 22nd, 2013
12:04 PM

Nyla B.

I leaned against the Rubicon, watching Elijah pull his Louis Vuitton suitcase from the car

I leaned against the Rubicon, watching Elijah pull his Louis Vuitton suitcase from the car. He closed the trunk and sat his luggage on the pavement before planting his feet in front of mine. Towering over me, he cupped my face and caressed my cheek with the pad of his thumb, "I'll call you when I get to the hotel, yeah?"

"Okay," I spoke softly. I had mentally given myself a pep talk prior to the drive to JFK airport. That 'pep talk' went out of the window as soon as we took the exit for Belt Parkway.Not only will I miss him deeply over these next two days, but his birthday is tomorrow and I won't be with him to bring in. In a way it works out because when he gets home I'll be off of my monthly and lord knows I didn't want to have vanilla sex on his birthday, but just being with him on such a special day means so much more to me and I'm sad that I won't have the chance to do just that.

"I know that you had plans for my birthday and I truly do apologize that this trip is postponing those plans. If it wasn't important, you know I wouldn't leave you. I promise I'll be just as happy next week as I would've been on tomorrow.  Like I told you before, the fact that you are going out of your way for me is enough in itself regardless of when it takes place. I'ma make it up to you and it'll be a two for one."

"You don't have to make anything up to me and I don't want you to. I'm just being a baby because I'm going to miss you like crazy. All I want you to do is get there safely, take care of what you need to, and come back home so I can show you just how thankful I am that the lord made you," I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist, holding him tightly, "I love you, boog." E smacked his lips but couldn't hold back his grin.

Instead of 'babe', it's been 'boog' ever since I woke up on my own accord. We didn't go to sleep until three this morning and by six, Elijah was up and impossibly energized, wanting to have a full blown conversation. I was so annoyed with him for waking me up out of my sleep to talk about absolutely nothing that I snapped at him - telling him he needed to get the booger that was chilling in his right nostril out of his nose before trying be all up in someone's face, talking at six in the morning - before turning over and going right back to sleep.

"How long you gon' run with this boog shit, mama?" I tilted my head to the side and smirked, "forever. It's cute and has a story behind it. Now tell me you love me."

"I love you," he lowered his head and pressed his lips against mine, parting my lips with his tongue. Our tongues entangled as our lips fought to prove just who loved the other one more. Our kiss came to a calm and Elijah pecked my lips several times, the sound of smacking lips concluding after each tender kiss. Elijah removed his hands from my face and balled his right fist before pounding it against the window twice, signaling Benny that it was now appropriate to approach. Benny walked from around the car and Elijah looked over at him, "watch over her, yeah?" It wasn't a question, it was a warning.