Doors and Keys

Glancing back at the bottle, Lilith stood, and walked over to it. Staring down at the class container filled her with a sorrow she didn't understand. Of things lost before others knew they existed.

        "I... I can't do this, Cassia." Lilith spoke to the tree, knowing the message would make its way to Cassia eventually. "You may have created me, but things happened since you left. Things that changed who I was... I can't be the champion you wanted. Maybe _____ can, but you know they're not a fighter."

        She sighed, and glanced down at the bottle again. In a decision she knew she might regret later, she picked up the bottle and slipped it into one of her jean pockets, making sure it didn't knock up against any of the other tools she carried in there. Glancing back up at the tree, her expression morphed into one of a disturbed peace. "I can't do what you need me to. But I can at least try."

        Turning back around quickly before she could change her mind, Lilith headed for the door to the outside, walking swiftly back along the long walkway. Someone was at the front entrance, she she'd have to use the back. One that had not been used since Ultima's time. Which, in this realm, was many eons ago... As evident by the cobwebs and dust that lay thick in her path. She hurried on, determined to get out of here before whoever was at the front made their way in.

        Lazing about was all good and well until he felt her presence start moving at a rapid pace. Whirled upright, for he'd been laying on a smoke cloud, the man used his aura seeking magic to locate her. "There you are." His cruel grin widened; the chase was on. His favorite part of any mission.

        Quickly forming a shadow self, he left it in his place as he flew right above Lilith's bobbing aura. She was using a tunnel he'd not seen before, one that seemed rather twisty. However, he could follow her as long as needed, and she wouldn't even know he was there. Not until he called his aura back from his shadow self to subdue her.

        At last, Lilith reached the old door, which had three symbols inscribed on it.

A heart.

A dagger.

And a pen.

       Next to the door stood those three objects, and on the door itself were three empty slots. "A matching lock!" Lilith frowned, and gently touched the door. A spark of magic ignited, and wound through the 3 symbols. Then, a loud, booming voice spoke.

To open this door, you must see three.
The dagger, the pen, and the heart are the keys.

To solve this riddle and pass through the door,
Answer me first, which one is more?

        Lilith stared at the door, completely stumped. "Three keys..." she muttered. Then she remembered, she knew someone who was good at riddles.

         "Shade!" Her eyes lit up as she grabbed the soul shard from her pocket. "Shade, I need you here! Bring your friends as well!" And then she threw it, where it shattered into a million pieces. Now, all she could do was wait.