4. You just called yourself a kid.

"Layla and Lucas

"Layla and Lucas."

Excuse me?!

Why him? I looked beside and frowned.

I wasn't kidding when I said teachers put together the worst combinations.

Me and Him is the worst combination ever.

He glanced at me. "Shall we begin partner?"

I held up my hand. "Teacher can I talk to you?"

Amir is already bad enough I don't need his friend to join him making my life miserable.

"Yes Layla." The teacher came up to me.

"We don't want each other as partners. Is there any possibility that we can choose another classmate?" I asked as politely as I can. I can't afford another teacher to be my hater.

"Unfortunately Layla, I already decided. Since you are the top in the class and Lucas is new here, I thought he needs someone to guide him in our lessons and you were the perfect candidate for the job." She smiled.

I sighed and mumered a thank you before she left.

I glances at Lucas only to find him amused by the conversation I had with the teacher.

"So Layla-" he began but I cut him off.

"Can we begin?" I opened the book and my laptop. I grabbed the paper to take a look at it.

I'm thinking about dividing the questions for us to do but then I remembered that he doesn't care about his grades like I do so I decided to work with him. I refuse to do all the work by myself.

"I'll open up a page and share with you. There we can write our essay there even if we're not together but we will also need to meet up just in case something happens."

I haven't got any answer so I checked beside me. Lucas was looking at me with his stern face on his palm that was resting on the table.

I waved my hand in front of his face. "Hellooo, can you hear me? Were you even listening?" I hissed.

"Why are you always against popular kids?" He randomly asked. I was taken aback.

"You just called yourself a kid." I deadpaned.

"Answer my question."