10. Oh God I Want To Kill Him

When I was a kid I wasn't the pretty girl in our school nor was I athletic

When I was a kid I wasn't the pretty girl in our school nor was I athletic. I was the invisible girl. The bullied. In three years I was bullied at school. There wasn't an ugly word I haven't heard of me.

In those three years I lost hope on the world begging my lord to free me from here. And my lord granted me my wish for the sake of his love for me. We moved from San Francisco to Miami where I could rebuild myself and then here New York where I can finally forget my past.

My past is something I want to forget. My struggles is something I run away from. My insecurities is something hidden. That's why I began painting using my sentiments as an excuse to hide my scars.

No one knew I was bullied, not even Khaled who I tell everything to. I act like I don't care what everyone think of me. I act like a tough girl who can stand up to herself. I act like the girl in my dreams so much so I became her.

My ideal self who can do whatever she wants without thinking about others. And I'm proud of myself.

Finally I've changed and I'm ready to move on. But when Amir said what he said, I was triggered. Not because I am insecure now but I remembered the vulnerable girl who would sit at the corner where no one could see her.

The rain was pouring down on me as I took small steps. My hijab, my clothes, myself was soaking wet, even my shoes was ruined. Thank God I left my bag with my computer in Amir's car.

I freezing, and the clothes I had didn't help. I only had a white silk blouse with a dress pants and my white convers. I thought I was going to hot today. Remind me to never trust the weather here.

Suddenly I felt a hand clasped around my wrist and turned me around, I jumped slightly in shock. I looked up to find Amir panting slightly and soaking as I was.

As soon as I met his blue eyes that were searching for something on my face, I darted my gaze else where.

"Look at me." He grunted. I didn't.

"I will-" he grabbed my chin to face him. And I don't know what he saw in my eyes but his face became soft. I whipped my face and wrist from his grip and started to walk away. I obviously didn't get far as he gripped my wrist again.

"Let me go." I hissed. "I'm walking home."

"No you won't." He clenched his jaw.
I wanted to say something but my sneeze got Amir more determined to get home fast for his grip hardened.

"Leave me alone! Don't you have somewhere to go!?" I snapped.

After that without a word he bagan dragging me but I used all my strength to stop him.