27. Don't come near me

I couldn't stop thinking about what Zahra said

I couldn't stop thinking about what Zahra said. Not after I went, not while working out, not I met up with Lucas and not during the movie.

I actually like Black Panther but I can't concentrate.

It's 7:55, only 5min left. Should I go there? I feel like she's lying but she looked so confident I don't think even she could lie that good.

What should I do? I'm pretty sure I won't rest until I know.

"If you want we can get out of here. We can eat pizza or anything you want." Lucas dragged me out of my thoughts.

I whipped my head to him confused and then the facts came crashing down.

I was on a date with Lucas.

And he felt my absence of my mind.
Of course he did. We did not even talk about anything since we came here.

"No umm... I'm sorry I... a lot is going on in my mind." I said my feet restless.

That's it, I'm going.

I stood up without warning which made Lucas look up at me skeptical.

"Lucas I'm sorry... I gotta go. I'll promise I'll make it up to you another time." With that I was gone.

My heart racing secretly hoping that Amir wouldn't be that cruel. Hoping he wouldn't break my heart, something I fear.

Walking turned into running. My feet pounding on on the ground while holding my hijab. I certainly looked like a mad woman.

Thank God the cinema was near the park so I got there fast. My chest rising and dropping, my eyes searched for Amir. And what I saw made me stop.

Halt both my movements and breath.

Amir hugging Zahra. My vision got blurry and a tear escaped from my eyes. Amir was hugging Zahra. My head went blank.

Is this why he's away every night?

I took a step back but my feet collided with a plastic bag that made a loud noise. Amir and Zahra turned to me and Amir's eyes widened.

But I ran away not being able to watch what was happening before me and his reaction. The last thing I saw was Zahra smirking.

I wanted to rip the smirk off her face but it wasn't her fault. It was my fault. Giving him my heart, that was a mistake I dared to make.