Chapter 3

When she was 15 weeks along she told her family only and her parents left out the part that she didn't know who the dad was. She also let her family know that she was expecting a baby girl that she was going to name Sloane Brooke Dallas. She continued to ignore her friends and she would always stay in on the weekends for fear that they might be in town. Bucky wanted to come see her but if she was ignoring him on the phone then she probably didn't want to see him either. 

She didn't go up when it was Bucky's birthday which hurt his feelings cause she's never missed one of his birthdays. He asked his mom if Melinda has said anything about her at work that would tell him what was wrong and Winnie kept quiet about Frankie for the most part. Frankie and her mom had a baby shower in June and she got the nursery set up in her older brother's old bedroom.

She got everything organized and put away and her dad put the crib together even though he was not proud of what she had done. She was his baby and he wanted to do everything he could to make sure she was okay and that his grand daughter was taken care of regardless of the situation. 

On July 20th Frankie was in her room watching tv ignoring her phone when she started to have contractions she grabbed her phone and started to time them. "Mama!!" she yelled from her room Melinda came running in and said "What is it?"

"It's time to go." she said through pain.

Her dad grabbed her bags and the car seat and put them in her car and they drove to another hospital that Winnie didn't work at. By 2 PM that afternoon Frankie had given birth to a 6lb 9oz baby girl with blonde hair and big blue eyes. She got Sloane to latch once she had her bath and got measured and she started to sing the song that her mom always sang to her which was "I'll Be" by Reba Mcentire as she ate from her and Frankie played with her tiny fingers. 

"We can do this right?' she whispered as she smiled at her. 

The nurse came in with papers and said "Ok Ms Dallas we have to have information for her birth certificate. We need to know her full name."

"Sloane Brooke Dallas." Frankie said 

"Ok and now we need your full name.." The nurse said

"Francesca Monroe Dallas." she said

"And daddy's name..even if he's not involved we still need to know his name." the nurse said

Frankie bit her lip and looked down.

The nurse said "Ms Dallas." 

"I um I don't know who her daddy is." she said without looking up. 

The nurse said "Okay then.. we are done here then Ms Dallas." 

The nurse walked out shaking her head at Melinda and her mom said "Excuse me but do you have a problem with my daughter?'

"No not at all. Just that it's kinda sad that she slept with more than one person and she can't properly fill out her daughter's birth certificate." the nurse said

"You need to have better bed side manner I'm a nurse and even I know to  not pass judgement on a patient especially a 19 year old single mother who is scared to death right now." Melinda said 

Frankie wiped tears and started to burp Sloane.  

When Sloane was a month old she was laying in bed feeding her and watching sportscenter when they announced that Bucky would be the starting quaterback as a sophomore. She smiled and whispered "Congrats best friend. Well on your way to your dream." 

She turned off the tv when they were about to interview him.