UPDATE: Hiatus Explained

Hey guys!

Wow, I cannot believe it has been A WHOLE FREAkING YEAR SINCE I STARTED WRITING THIS BOOK!!!!

Believe it or not, I still get thousands of notifications (if you follow me on IG @thenycfangirl you would have seen it on my story) and all of them are in regards to TKI. First and foremost I want to say, THANK YOU for keeping your love for this story and these characters alive. It baffles me to think that people care enough about this story to send me DMs, write on my wall, and comment profusely. But I would like to address my hiatus and why the novel never (and probably won't ever) come back.

I rewrote the entire novel and planned on releasing it sometime in January or February and do weekly updates. Life happens and sometimes we get overwhelmed and busy. However, in the ten months since I noticed that this story garnered as much negative attention as it did positive attention. I am 100% aware that everyone will have their own opinions and not everyone is going to be a fan of my work. I know that and I am also super open to constructive criticism.

But I came across MANY comments that were just straight up mean and hurtful. When I logged back on in February to start posting again (even though I am well aware I gave you a return date for January), I was hit with an onslaught of what I felt were negative comments. So I said to myself, let me just delete them and it'll be like it never happened. That's something hard to do when I get hundreds of notifications daily.

So sometimes when I would log on and scroll through, these negative comments felt like the only thing I ever saw. Even though there are plenty LOVELY comments as well and I couldn't keep track of deleting them all. Some weren't blatantly mean but underhanded and sarcastic. Ex:

"Oh great, I love predictable tropes. Better be one hell of a plot twist at the end!"

And just things were negative connotations and I couldn't keep track of it all. Also, this is Wattpad. All of my stories on here are for fun. They aren't edited or looked over. In fact, I used to write a lot of my chapters on my phone and just post them whenever I was done so I could release content for the beautiful readers that were showing me love and support.

This novel is messy on steroids. There are discrepancies, inaccuracies, and some things that aren't clear and confusing. I am well aware of that. So whenever I went on and saw people nitpicking about the flaws in the comments and laughing with each other how "bad" my book was I got discouraged and didn't care anymore. Which really sucked because I loved this story, STILL love this story, and would've loved to have finished it.

But it's been a year and we're at some 65k views which is insane?!??! I just felt like I owed you all an explanation and apology. I'm sorry for those who wanted to see this story end and won't be satisfied with this update.

Maybe I'll come back to this one day or maybe I'll move on. Who knows. This story just really feels tainted for me, despite how badly I want to finish and share it with all of you. 

I think that's it for now. Sound off in the comments below about any predictions you might've had for this novel or what your hopes for the characters were! Maybe I'll get inspired and come back or maybe I can answer your questions and lay things to rest. Still so indecisive.

Thank you for listening.

XOXO Lilly