Three-Fold Law

The three fold law is an old law, meaning many things. When you cast spells, you are putting your energy out there which will be positive or negative. No matter what energy you send out, it comes back to you in threes. The way this returns is seen in many ways. Some believe that it returns in the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of your life. Some believe that it returns three times as powerful. Some believe it returns in three lifetimes, or three years. Some believe all, some believe something else. Either way, this concept plays a major part in the Wiccan religion.

This concept is called Karma as well.

If you were to curse someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will receive that curse three times as powerful. It simply means that three major negative things will happen in your life according to how bad the curse was. If you cursed for someone to get hurt a bit, you may experience heartbreak, an injury as sever as theirs, and maybe the next time you try to do something spiritually, you feel sick or something negative happens. Or if you don't believe that concept, you can get hurt extremely badly, or something happens in the time limit you believe in. Either way, the guilt stays.

Saying this, it doesn't mean that if you wish good fortune on someone, good fortune will come to you. It means that positive energy may happen. Maybe a flu goes around, and you do not catch it, or you made a friend, or made up with a friend. Maybe your connection to the earth is more stable. It all depends, but it's much better then the negative energy, I believe.

This concept does not only occur with spells, though. We believe everything comes back to us, because everything is energy. Envy is negative energy, causing the evil eye (I will explain about the evil eye later on), or if someone gets hurt and you laugh. It's also negative energy being released. If you complement someone on their hair, or help someone up or prevent the tripping, and simply asking if they are okay if they seem hurt, can bring positive energy your way. This is amazing because you put out the energy, and the person you put it out towards returns it to you. If you help them, and they feel gratitude towards their gesture, that's putting out positive energy to you.

I have heard a saying called "Do not plant which you do not wish to harvest." This is an amazing saying, because it also says that it will be much stronger when you collect it.