Coming apart at the seams

I didn't know what to say. He'd just outright rejected my proposal and ultimately, me! So much for not wanting it to be awkward. Maybe I should've worded it differently or been more seductive in my attempts at getting him to agree. I couldn't help but snigger at that last thought. When was I ever seductive?

I chewed on my bottom lip, not entirely sure where we go from here. I'd just made a complete fool out of myself, for what felt like the hundredth time, and I had no idea what was left to say.

"I don't want that." Was all he said to expand on his earlier sentence. He was really trying to bruise what little ego I had. Maybe it was his payback for my insults this morning, except I wasn't trying to insult him, I was just being honest.

"Yeah, I feel like I got that part." I tried to play it off as nonchalant as possible but I think the disappointment was probably written all over my face. I wanted to leave but it would look weak and I was trying to show more strength since weakness had been my go to with Jackson.

"You look more disappointment that I thought you would." He doesn't actually look at me. In fact, his eyes haven't left the screen since I entered the room.

I can't fight the urge to look away from him so I look directly at the screen showing the men in red lined up and singing our national anthem. The game was about to start. I take a swig of my drink and realise I'm not fully over last nights encounter with alcohol. I put it on the coffee table and sit back waiting for my friend and brother to come back and ease the tension in the room.

"I want you." It was so quiet that if I wasn't focused on everything that he was doing in my peripheral vision, I probably would've missed it.

I continued to stare at the screen but I could feel his eyes on me now. "That's what I offered you, but as we both know, you just rejected me." I was done playing nice guy with him. He was playing games and I really wasn't up for being toyed with.

"I didn't reject you. I rejected what you were asking." I still couldn't look at him. If I wanted to be strong and keep my focus, I had to avoid looking into those chocolate drops of heaven he had for eyes. I'm already losing my will!

"You don't need to explain yourself Marcus. I'm a big girl. I can take it. You don't need to treat me like I'm a fragile doll that might break."

"Oh that's not what I'm doing, trust me. I just want you to understand..." He stops abruptly as our friends come back into the room, laughing and holding each other like their lives depend on it. I was jealous. I couldn't deny that. But I couldn't have that with Marcus.

When the game started, I decided I might as well get comfy in my seat. After all, I was going to be here for two hours. Marcus seemed to get more and more uncomfortable as the game went on.

It took about twenty minutes for me to come up with a plan to get what I want. All I wanted was to have one steamy night with this sexy, egotistical man. At the end of the day, I was the innocent one, so if I accidentally stroked his leg or if my top fell a bit low, no one would think I was doing it on purpose.

With this in mind, I picked up my bottle of coors light and took a tiny swig. Ugh, just deal with it Fliss! Pretending that some was falling down the bottle, I used my tongue to very slowly lick a straight line from the bottom of the bottle, all the way to the bottle opening. Marcus moved slightly in his seat but there was no other sign that it affected him. I had to keep thinking of ways I'd seen women seduce men in movies.

I sat patiently for another five minutes or so and then accidentally let my phone slip of the sofa onto the carpet. I didn't bother to get up. Instead I knelt on my knees and stuck my ass in the air to bend off the sofa and onto the floor. It worked. I felt his whole body stiffen next to me. I knew how much these shorts ride up when I bent over and it took everything in me not to back out of my plans. I wasn't exactly blessed with an amazing body but I was slender and wasn't self conscious of showing my skin. Well, that's what I'm telling myself now.