Too much testosterone!

Marcus's POV:

I really felt for her. She looked completely lost for a second before her face completely masked. I knew that mask all to well by now. She'd used it often over the years.

"Actually, I find it very rude that you would read my texts. I will ensure to let me friend Alice know that you let everyone here aware of her nickname for Marcus."

Everyone continued to smirk at her but I knew exactly what was going through their mind. They were clearly in awe of her. Jonah took a step back and looked at me mischievously. I knew he wasn't done with his interrogation of whether she was good enough but I knew she could handle him.

I get it. No ones ever seen me with anyone like this. I'm normally gone by the morning with women and I can't even remember their name. They knew there was something about her. For one, I'd mentioned her once or twice to them but how she was off limits and second, she asked me if her clothes were still here from before.

Jonah was probably my closest friend but only because we went through all of our training together from the beginning. The others I met when I trained later. It doesn't mean we weren't close. We were all brothers and knew each other better than anyone.

The only person who probably knew me a little better was Roman.

"Sorry, you're right. It was rude. I just couldn't help myself."

"A marine with a lack of self control. That's dangerous, surely?" Her smirk was contagious and I smiled warmly at the courage in her.

"Touché." Jonah held his hands up and walked back to the other side of the kitchen and leaned against the counter next to me.

The guys burst out laughing and I had to join in. She was definitely holding up to their expectations.

"So, what's been happening with you guys?" I asked but I could only focus on the beautiful woman sitting on my counter, smiling at the texts going back and forth between her and Alice most likely.

Just as I was about to answer a question from Lloyd, Fliss started giggling at her phone and all of the men in the room turned our attention to her.

She obviously noticed because the blush across her face was even more distracting. When her eyes landed on mine, I cocked my eyebrow as an unspoken question.

"Oh...Sorry. I didn't realise I'd laughed out loud." She looked embarrassed but it was so fucking adorable.

"So...how come you ended up with Marcus. I thought you had some stuck up boyfriend." I glared at Jack. What the hell was he doing?

"Wait, how would you know I had a boyfriend?" Fliss looks at every one of them in turn and I see their eyes bug out of their sockets as they realise what Jack's just done.

"Well, sweetie, this fool might have mentioned you once or twice to us. We're just surprised to come here and see you two...hooking up." Jonah clearly wants to die today.

She looks flattered for a while before her nose scrunches up and I know exactly what's going through her mind.

"It's not a hook up Clarkson." my voice is stern but Jonah's smile gets even bigger.

"Oh..?"

"You're the nosiest guy I've actually ever met. I like you!" Fliss looks at Jonah and I'm trying my best to read her but her face just shows the smallest of smiles playing on her mouth.

She jumps off the counter and puts her trainers back on. Where's she going?

When she stands to face the boys, Jonah walks behind her and puts either hand on the counter next to her. Trapping her in front of him. What the actual fuck?

"I'm glad you like me babe. We'd make an excellent couple." Just as I'm about to intervene, the beautiful woman in front of him decides to shock us all.

Fliss stamps on his foot and then elbows his stomach. I'm stuck to the spot, watching the scene unfold in front of me.

While Jonah wasn't really affected, it definitely caught him off guard. Fliss could see it hadn't really worked and that his hands were still there so she turned her body to face him and kneed him in the balls. This woman was amazing.

"Ah fuck!" Jonah pulls back and holds onto his dick before she could do anything else.

"Just think, it would've been worse if Marcus did something. You got off lightly." She smiles at him and I pulled her to my side quickly.

The guys were in stitches at this point and I don't blame them. Jonah was meant to be this big tough guy and this tiny woman took him down. She's right though, it definitely would've been worse if I'd had to pull him off.

"She's a keeper Daniels! Don't let anyone take her away!" Tom was staring at her with a little too much affection for my liking. She'd clearly stolen a little bit of their hearts in the short time they'd been here.

"Well done babe. You've hit two dicks today!" At that her eyes change and a sad look takes over her face. Shit! Wrong thing to say!

"Hey, you know I won't let him touch you. You know that. He's scared of me Fliss and that's a good thing. If he even tries to touch you again, I won't be held responsible for my actions." I'm getting angrier and angrier and even though I can see she's scared, it just makes me want to punch something even more.

"I know. But today only showed me that I have no idea what he's prepared to do Marcus. He grabbed me quite hard and I always thought I would be able to protect myself but if you weren't there...I don't know how far he would've gone. The things he said...he was so...cruel."She stares at my chest for quite a while. Most probably because I'm breathing so hard that I think my lungs are about to explode. He's fucking scared her! That bastard is actually making her worry about whether she can stand up for herself.

"What's going on? Who scared you Fliss?" I can see Jack is trying to offer his help but I'm still pissed that Jackson is affecting her.

When I'm finally calm enough to answer, there's a beep outside and we all look to her once again. Clearly none of us are expecting visitors.

"That's Alice. She wants to have a girls day shopping. I'm guessing to ask more about you and to give me the dirt on Roman, not that I want it." She looks to the guys and smiles before she goes over to Jonah. He looks wary and it makes me smile a little.

"Sorry for kneeing you." She quickly hugs him and then suddenly all the guys get up and she looks at them with an eyebrow raised.

"Hey, if he gets a hug, then so do we." Lloyd winks at her and she quickly hugs each of them in turn before strolling back over to me.

"Don't worry about Jackson. Hopefully we won't see him again. Just in case, I think I might sign up to a self defence class or something." I smile but it doesn't meet my eyes. She's definitely still worried about him coming near her again.

I kiss her on the lips for a little too long. Obviously long enough for Aaron to clear his throat. When I look at her face, I'm not surprised by the pink on her cheeks.

She quickly hugs me before walking over to the front door and out of the house. The boys look at me intently and I know what's going to come next.

"What happened to her this morning?" Jonah was quick on the mark.

***********

Hi everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I'm loving Jonah at the moment! I apologise for the long breaks in-between chapters but I am trying. Work is a little crazy and to be honest, it's sucking the life out of me. 

I have already written half of the next chapter so hopefully I'll be able to get it out in the next couple of days. 

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me so far and a massive thank you for helping me reach 1.6K readers on my first ever Wattpad story. 

So much love for you lot right now xxx