Numb

I woke up to the feeling of a hangover from hell and for a short moment I was grateful that it had all been just a drunken dream.

That is until I tried to move my arms and legs.

They wouldn't budge. I tried again thinking they must be numb. We all have that drunken night where we sleep funny and wake up with a numb arm from being wrapped under your own body weight. Right?

I could feel something biting into my skin and then my senses started to heighten even more.

I opened my eyes and saw nothing but black. My eyelashes scrunched together making it painful to try to see and I felt something tightly wrapped around my head, blocking my sight.Taking a few seconds to feel my body, I was becoming more aware that my wrists and ankles were definitely tied to something as well as my mid section.

It was hard to breathe and my mouth couldn't open to gasp for air. It felt like there was tape holding my mouth shut.

It then suddenly hit me. It definitely wasn't a drunken dream was it? Jackson really was back and now I was god knows where being held prisoner by a bloody psychopath capable of doing anything. I couldn't help but wonder why the police hadn't stopped him. What happened?

There was a foul stench of sweat and stale mildew lingering in the air and my stomach heaved slightly before I managed to calm myself. I listened carefully, now relying on my alternative senses, thinking of any sound that could tell me whether I was alone or whether the sick bastard was actually with me.

My mind was reeling but I know this isn't what Marcus had trained me to do. The fact was, I was never really in any danger when I was training so I didn't have to worry too much about ever really being hurt. I trusted the men training me. I can't trust Jackson not to hurt me, not anymore.

I focused my breathing and took a few deep breaths before asking myself the question that might help to save my life.

What would Marcus do?

Before I could think too much, I heard a small creak and then the harrowing sound of foot steps coming my way. Why? Why does this have to be happening?

"Woken up then? Thought you could sleep all day did you?"

I knew the voice from anywhere but the horrible bitter taste in it was new. Like he was a monster. He is a fucking monster!

"You know Flissy, I thought this could've gone so much better. What happened to the little timid, insecure, easy little girl you used to be huh?" I didn't answer because I knew it was rhetorical and because my mouth was literally forced to stay closed. Just the way he wanted it to be.

I felt him getting closer to me and flinched when a calloused finger ran down my cheek. I had to force the bile back down my throat because, let's face it, there was no where else for it to go!

"Don't be like that Flissy. We had so much fun together. It took years to get us to where we were and you were starting to be the perfect girlfriend sometimes. The break up was meant to make you realise how lucky you were to have me and then we were going to get back together. But you had to go and spoil that plan for me now didn't you!"

He gripped my thighs hard and dug his fingers in, releasing some of his temper. I could feel my blood pulsing under his fingers and it felt it he was about to rip through my skin any second now.

My head was racing with a million questions but I couldn't seem to contain my own anger. I felt like I was finally starting to see my relationship with Jackson for what it was and I felt stupid. Humiliated! How did I not see what was happening to me?

I thought back to all the times he would criticise my outfits and make me say things in front of his family to make him look good. His parents always looked down on me but I had to wonder if they knew what he was actually doing the whole time.

"Aww...is my little sweetie pie getting angry with me?" I didn't move, didn't breath differently, I didn't even acknowledge him. He didn't deserve it.

The smack across my face came hard and I felt the bite of his ring split the skin on my cheek and the blood start to trickle down my face.

"You don't get to be angry with me you little bitch! I was the one who invested all my fucking time trying to train you to be perfect and look at what you do!" He was screaming in my face now. Pieces of spit were landing on my skin making every inch of my skin crawl with disgust.

Think Fliss, think. If Marcus were in this chair what would he do?

Control your emotions. I remember Jonah saying that 'we always make silly mistakes if we let our emotions get in the way. Think rationally and carefully and you're more likely to succeed.' Such wise words but so hard to actually put into practice.

The stinging on my face was numb and the ache in my thighs was barely noticeable. I knew the adrenaline in my body was making me forget the pain but I didn't know how long that would last.

"I'm afraid we're going to have to start your training all over again. This time I won't be so kind about it." I scrunched my eyes further shut and tried not to show how scared I was of him right now. The dark chuckle that left his mouth showed that he was more than happy with the situation I was in even if he tried to sound like it was a bother.

"Jackson, when do you want us to film her?" My head snapped to the sound of another voice. One I didn't know or recognise. He had people here? People to help hurt me?

My adrenaline kicked up a notch and I was breathing like I was close to suffocation. What the hell did this monster have planned?

"Nah, not yet man. We need to get her a little more bust up and then we can show the fucker that he doesn't get to take things that don't belong to him."

He had to be talking about Marcus and the thought made every fibre of my being on edge. He had to be joking! Marcus has done nothing but good since we were kids and it's not his fault that he took hold of me when he finally had the chance. I was happier with Marcus than I ever was with him.

It was like a switch had flicked in my mind and I was suddenly numb everywhere. I focused my breathing and sat patiently while I waited to gain more information about my surroundings. Anything that could help me get out of here.

"Then start. We haven't got long before we need to move!" The other voice ordered.

I sat calmly, breathing evenly and prepared myself for the pain. I'll take it now but the second I'm free I'm going to make a run for it. I just hope he doesn't immobilise my legs!