Teacher Life

Felicity's POV:

I groan to myself as I hear my alarm roaring to life. Why would I agree to go into school today? It's still the summer holidays for god sake!

It takes all my effort to push the duvet aside and throw my legs off the side of the bed. My bed. My heavenly bed. My head still rests on my pillow and my eyes remain shut as I massage my toes into the carpet. I know that if I don't lift my eyelids right now, I'll be back under the spell of the sandman.

Pulling all the energy I can muster, I throw my body off the bed until I'm standing, staring at my once sanctuary like a child staring at an ice cream van. Life was so cruel.

I walk slowly and steadily to the family bathroom in my parents house to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I enter the bathroom I realise that I was finally going to be able to get some work done in my classroom and I would be speaking with the headteacher of the school about the upcoming academic year. I was more than excited to be having my very own year two class and definitely couldn't wait to get stuck in.

With only three weeks to go until the start of term, I was feeling a little underprepared and slightly overwhelmed at the thought of being a proper adult with a proper job.

As I go through the morning doing the usual routine of getting dressed, hair and some make up, my mind can't seem to stop itself from drifting back to Marcus. As I run my hands down my knee length summer dress to smooth the material, my eyes drift shut as I remember Marcus's strong hands slowly caressing the skin on my thighs yesterday in the kitchen. I push my thighs together but nothing but him can tame the flames that lick through my core.

After breakfast yesterday, I had to convince Marcus to let me come home and get things ready. Let's just say he wasn't exactly happy until we had pre-makeup sex on the kitchen counter to help him get through.

I ended up staying awake cutting and laminating until my fingers were sore. I felt like I finally had some bits and pieces ready to up on displays I wanted in my class.

When I actually make it down the stairs, I'm greeted with the smell of toast and coffee in the hallway and smile wryly to myself as I imagine my mum and dad having their usual morning breakfast before they head off to work.

Just as I finish tying the clip on my favourite pair of wedges my father wanders out and smiles brightly at me and then I see a scowl appear on his face. Ah, great. This can't be good!

"What's the face for dad? Spit it out, come on." My mother appears behind him with a warm smile on her face and I know instantly that she has a different view to my dad, even if I don't know what they are having a silent opinion on.

"Off to see Daniels already? You haven't even spent a full day away from him yet sweetpea." The endearing way that he refers to me makes me smile and I know that this is just his way of trying to lighten what he actually said.

I stand abruptly and look him directly in the eye, neither of us backing down until my heart stutters and it suddenly pains me to think of my dad not approving. I can't say that it would a difference because I feel what I feel for Marcus and I want to see where it goes but it hurts nevertheless.

My eyes cast down towards my feet and I try to think of something to say but my mind goes blank.

A sudden clearing of a throat brings me back to my senses and I look at my mother who's wistful smile is now clearly one of pity.

Not that look.

I experienced that look for two weeks. I want to move on not go backwards.

"Mrs Hemingway asked if I wanted to come in to look at my class and get a few things sorted for September....do you really hate me and Marcus dating?" My voice was just a whisper and I stared at his chin because my strength walked out on me.