Close to the Truth

Marcus's POV:

"What happened to her this morning?" Jonah was quick on the mark.

"What was that all about?" I look at Aaron and I can see he's concerned about what seemed to worry Fliss.

"Well, lets just say that the douche bag left her because he wanted to explore his options. I happened to scoop her up while she was finally single and now he wants her back. He seems to be turning up everywhere she goes. I mean, this morning she went for a run like she normally does and just text me to say she was going. I thought I'd surprise her and run with her but when I get there she's hitting him and he's got a firm grip of her arm!"

By the time I finish, I'm breathing angrily again. That guy was so lucky that Fliss was there to stop me or I might've actually killed him.

"What did you do?" Tom's serious now. We protect each other and what's ours and even though Fliss said we have to have five dates before I can call her mine, I think she knows deep down I already call her it.

"I threw him on the floor and I was about to punch his face to pieces before Fliss stopped me. She doesn't want me to touch him because she said he'll get the police involved straight away." I look at the floor because I feel pathetic. I'm normally an 'act now, think about it later' kind of person but Fliss doesn't let that happen if I could be in trouble.

"Mate, we need to keep an eye on her. What if he's gone to the shops? What if he's been watching the house?" Aaron was always the more cautious one in the group and definitely didn't trust quickly. I was surprised he was so adamant on protecting Fliss already.

"I'm not going to follow her everywhere, she'll get freaked and our relationship will be over before it starts." Jonah looks at me sympathetically and I know he's been there with his last girlfriend. She couldn't cope with him being away for long periods of time.

"Then we need to think about how we can still protect her. I mean she was thinking about self defence classes, what if we trained her? You said she runs so she's obviously quite fit. We could easily train her up enough to feel safe leaving her in three weeks." I looked at Lloyd for a long time and although I didn't want to have them worry her, I wouldn't like leaving her with him lurking out there and her not prepared.

"She...doesn't know what we do." I looked out the window to see if anyone was actually watching the house.

"Do you think you could trust her with it? She'd not even be able to tell her closest friends or her brother!" Jack voices the opinion of the whole group. I could see it in their faces that they were worried about someone knowing something so serious about us.

"I trust her as much as I trust you lot, but I don't want to scare her. She already thinks I'm intimidating as a marine and I know she'll be scared of you guys if she knew what we do."

"Mate, she's not going to walk away from you easily. She looks at you like you're some kind of God! You have to know that, right?" Jonah was smiling at me but I didn't see what he said as funny. Although, it did make me think just how much she likes me if that's what others see.

"I know she likes me a lot, but I also know that violence scares her a little. She's so gentle and innocent. I don't think she'd even know people like us exist in the UK. She would be scared to be anywhere near me." My eyes search theirs and I stand there like a fucking idiot. What the hell am I supposed to do?

————

After hours of catching up with the guys, I text Fliss to ask if she wanted to stay the night with me. It took her about twenty minutes to reply and let's just say I was more than a little fucking anxious about it.

The guys were staying in a hotel near by for the next few nights. I tried to get them to go home but they are adamant they're going to stay. I just hoped Fliss was going to be alright with the information I told her tonight.

It's not everyday I admit to someone what my job actually is. Hell, even fucking Roman doesn't know!

When I hear her knocking on my front door at about eight, I feel tension roll through me at the thought of her looking at me with nothing but fear in her eyes. She'd never be scared of me would she?

This is the girl who grew up with me in her life. Roman and I were inseparable as kids and she loved Roman a hell of a lot so we were always close. She knew me better than any other girl I'd ever known. She knows nearly everything about me but my job. Would that make her not trust me anymore?

When I open the front door of my house and look at the beautiful woman standing behind it, my mind goes blank and I begin to wonder why I was so worried. This incredible woman makes me feel so calm and collected.

"Hey sweetheart." I look into her beautiful green eyes and stand aside to let her walk into the house. She looks more confident now that the guys have gone but I can't blame her. She was probably quite nervous meeting my friends and people that I worked with. Especially when they kept testing her!

"Hey Marcus. Did you have a nice time with the guys?"

"Yeah, wish they hadn't interrupted us though. If I remember correctly, we were right about..."

I pull her into my arms and pick her up before pushing her back onto the front door.

"Here!"

The giggle that escapes her mouth was something I'd pay good money to hear. As my lips find hers I can't help the groan that slips from my mouth. This woman is the devil!

She smiles into the kiss and I pull back a little to look at her.

"What's so funny babe?"

"Let's just say that I know you're happy to see me!" She bursts into a fit of giggling and I  can't help but chuckle along with her.

I grind my hips involuntarily into her and we both stop with the laughing. Our eyes meet once again and that's all it takes for my lips to come crashing down onto her soft ones.

Before we even have time to get into the kiss, she pulls away and her lips find my jaw before they trail down my neck. A woman has never kissed me like this but fucking hell, I never want her to stop.

Her hands find my hair and she pulls a little for my head to move back. Once she has more space, she kisses more of my neck and down to my collar bone. I keep grinding my hips into her soft spot and if we're not careful, I'm literally going to wear the material away from our clothes!

Putting her onto her feet for a second, I pull her top over her head and help her to pull mine off before I pick her up fireman style and sling her over my shoulder. She yelps in my ear and I slap that peachy ass of hers before I run up the stairs and to my bedroom.

When I finally place her onto my bed I look down at the sight in front of me. This was going to be a long night. I needed my fill of her and she was not helping with those sexy hooded eyes of hers.