Tank.

I had just left the hospital, after spending the night there with Cyndi and Phoenix. I didn't want to leave them, but I needed a shower and a change of clothes. Plus, I really wanted to go to the store and buy Phoenix some clothes that were actually for a boy.

Arriving at the clubhouse, I made my way upstairs to my room. Locking the door behind me I made my way into the bathroom. Turning the water on, I stripped my clothes off throwing them in the hamper in the corner.

As the water cascaded down on my head, I couldn't believe all that had happened in the last twenty-four hours. I was a father to a baby boy, I had just gotten used to the idea of a girl and then Bam out he came a boy. It was definitely a shock that was for sure.

I couldn't believe how much of a trooper Cyndi was, she brought Phoenix into the world with no drugs. The labour was fairly short, after everything we had heard, we honestly thought it would take hours. Watching Cyndi bring our son into the world was one of the most precious things I had ever witnessed. He came into the world screaming, he was placed on Cyndi's stomach and as she looked at him lovingly, I got to cut the umbilical cord.

I would do anything for those two. There isn't a thing in the world that could tear either one of them out of my life.

Shutting the shower off, I grabbed a towel wrapping it around my waist, I made my way into the bedroom. Pulling on a pair of boxers as I rummaged through my draws for a pair of clean jeans and a black tee.

Shoving my wallet and keys in my pocket I grabbed my phone, checking for any messages or calls from Cyndi. Walking out of my room and down the stairs.

"Where you off to Daddy?" Ice hollers from the top of the stairs.

"To the baby store to buy boy stuff" I answer without stopping.

"Wait up, I'll come to," he said racing down the stairs.

Shaking my head "you only wanna come to see the chicky babe you were chatting up last time" I tease.

"Yeah so." He shrugs as we walk out the door.

****

Walking into the baby buntings store, I looked around for boys stuff. I needed to buy my son some stuff that was boyish. He wasn't leaving the hospital in something pink or frilly.

Grabbing a basket from near the counter, I made my way over to the clothes, throwing in a few different outfits that would fit him now, I threw in a bit of everything from singlets, jumpsuits, sock and bibs to blankets, towels and sheets.

The chick that had helped us out last time made her way over to us, as Ice was throwing a pack of cloth nappies in the basket she said: "is there anything I can help you guys with today?"

Today she had bright green hair, with blue streaks through it, one side of her head was shaved with a pattern shaved into it. She had snake bite piercings in her bottom lip, a molar piercing in her top right side of her lip near her nose. Her eyebrow was pierced, and she had earrings all through her ears. Her left arm was covered in some sort of flower tattoo with tribal patterns throughout it.

"No Darling, but you could go out with me" Ice stated with a wicked glint in his eye looking her up and down.

"Is that right?" she said smiling "you don't even know my name, Sweetpea"

"Sure, I do Darling, it's Vanessa" Ice smirked.

Throwing her head back with laughter, "nicely played" she said

"Well, how bout that date?" Ice asked

"I guess what could it hurt, but I get to pick what we do," she said

"Deal, give me your number, I'll call you," Ice said handing his phone over to her.

She plugged in her number and then her phone started ringing in her pocket "now I have your number to"

We walked over to the checkout and she scanned all my items through the register. After handing over my card, we left the shop.

"I'll see ya later," I said slapping Ice on the back

"You going back to the hospital?" he asked

"Yeh, gonna see my little man and my girl"

"Alright let us know if ya's need anything"