Cyndi

After that day with Stacey, she decided to leave town. She approached me at the bar the day she left.

"Cyndi can I talk to you for a minute," she said hands in her pockets looking down at her feet.

"Look Stacey I don't think"

"Cyndi I'm so sorry," she interrupts "truly sorry about everything that happened, I took everything to far. I just wanted you to know that I am sorry and I'm going to seek the help that I need, the help that I should have sought a long time ago. Thanks to Molly I've decided to start fresh and with the help of a councillor. I'm leaving town, going back home actually. I'm going to face my past head-on."

Not knowing what to say I just nod. Taking a seat at the bar I pour myself a coke.

"I lost my baby I don't know if Tank told you or not, but I wanted you to know why I did what I did. I would never hurt Phoenix; I would never hurt anybody. I know what I did but I wasn't myself."

"Tank didn't tell me anything," I say finally looking her in the eyes.

"Well I just wanted to say I'm sorry, Tank really loves you I hope you know that. He would do anything for you and Phoenix, I only hope that one day I find a love like that. I wish you and Tank all the best in your futures" she says. Turning she makes her way over to her bags that are packed near the door.

"Stacey" I call out

"Yeh?" she asks turning back around

"What did you name your baby"

Stacey had a faraway sad look in her eyes. She was silent for a while before saying "Andy I named him Andy. Andy Nathanial Hayward."

"I'm sorry for your loss Stacey and I hope you find happiness I really do." wiping a stray tear from her eye she gives a slight smile before picking up her bags and leaving.

I watch as she throws her bags into the back seat of her car. She looks back up at the clubhouse before opening her door and climbing into her car. I watch as she drives away.

Tank wraps his arms around me from behind placing his chin on my shoulder he whispers "I love you"

Turning around I place a kiss on his lips "I love you too."

****

Tank and I moved into our own flat not long after that. It was a small two-bedroom flat, with a small kitchen, dining room, lounge room, bathroom and garage with an internal door into the kitchen. It was big enough for the three of us.

Phoenix had his own room that we had decorated in blue and grey with motorbikes and stuffed toys.

We weren't too far away from Willow and Jacobs.

I missed having my mum around all the time. I even missed Mason somedays. Tank still did his duties for the club; he went on runs with the club and on those nights Willow and Jacob stayed here or we stayed at Willow's. We still spent nights at the clubhouse but not as many as before.

Tonight, was family night at the clubhouse, we were meeting Tank at the club when Phoenix woke from his nap. I sat in the lounge room binge watching Lucifer on Netflix while folding washing. I had piles of Tanks and my clothes, and then little piles of Phoenix's clothes. It was one household choir I didn't mind doing. I found it kind of relaxing and I could do it while watching Netflix.

After a couple of hours in front of the TV, I decided to shower and get ready for tonight.

After applying my make-up, I hear Phoenix stir, going into his room I pick him up and carry him into the kitchen where I make his bottle. Sitting on the lounge I feed him. After his bottle, we go into the bathroom where I give him a quick bath. Dressing him in a cute little set of Pj's with motorbikes on them. I dress in a pair of jeans and a dressy back halter top that showcase the girls.

After we are both dressed, I make sure I have everything he needs in the nappy bag. Before driving over to the clubhouse.