Chapter 6

Audrey was being held against her sister-in-law's hips, sucking her thumb. Her thoughts were completely calm for a moment but then the reality of her situation started to hit her.

"Aww Audrey you look so cute when you do that! Let's get you dressed."

Audrey removed her thumb out of her mouth. She didn't even realize she had been doing it. It must have been a comfort thing, something deep inside her. Maybe she was more comfortable regressing in age than she had previously thought.

Kat set Audrey back down back on her feet. Wearing only her pull-ups, she reached for the pink t-shirt and overall jumper. Kat slapped her hand away.

"Children at my daycare don't dress themselves. Now lift your arms up."

Audrey obeyed Kat, lifting her arms up and Kat slid the t-shirt over her head. Then she lowered the jumper and instructed Audrey to put her feet into it. She lifted it up and snapped the overalls in place. Then she slid some frilly pink socks on her feet.

"Ta-da! Let's take a look at the new you!" Kat guided Audrey over to a full length mirror. Audrey was in shock of what she saw, there was no longer a 24 year old young woman standing there, she looked exactly like a little child around 5 years old.

Kat went over and gathered all of Audrey's clothes she came in wearing. She took her phone and gave it back to Audrey. "Okay, here's your phone like we agreed. You obviously can't have this around any of the kids, but you can keep it somewhere safe if you feel you have to call Lily to come pick you up."

Audrey accepted the phone and said, "Okay, I'll just leave it here in the living room, outside of the playroom." She sat it down on the coffee table.

Just then the doorbell rang. Audrey panicked for a moment. "What do we do?"

Kat smiled and pointed toward the playroom. "It's just the parents dropping off the kids. Go sit down and watch tv. And remember you are five years old so make sure to talk and act like it."

Audrey ran over to the playroom. She still wasn't sure how to best fit in among children, so she grabbed the first toy she saw, some colorful ring toy for babies. She quickly dropped it, and grabbed a Barbie which felt more right. She sat down cross-legged on the floor right up in front of the tv and turned it on. She was immediately greeted to the familiar face of Elmo on Sesame Street.

Kat walked to the door to greet the parents and the children they were dropping off.

Audrey's Time in Daycareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें