Chapter 26

Chapter 26

As we stepped onto campus I could see the wave of hushed whispers. This was a first for the students standing near the entrance. No one had seen all of my familiars out at once. My powers weren't fully back to normal, but to tell you the truth I wasn't ready to send them back. I might be safe but I felt weak, that I may not be able to fight off an attack on my own. Mora looked around campus in awe she clapped her hands and pointed toward the gargoyles. I smiled at her she seemed so child like to be death. Scanning the crowd I watched as people openly gawked at us. Christian stood to my left holding my hand his ebony wings rustling out behind him. The fire lord stood in all his flame glory right behind me, keeping heat on my back. Gaia stood in her wooden heels, exchanging her usual long dress for flowing khaki pants and a tight green crop top.

Ami and Jynx stayed in their human forms as they walked beside me. Mora stood next to Christian while Mia stood in the back next to Laisrén, her hood up as she watched the school grounds with a calculating expression. Approaching the group of students I scanned the group for Clarity or her lackeys. The group parted like the red sea as we continued toward the front steps to the school. I took the steps first and couldn't keep the smile from my face as students stumbled to get out of the way and off the steps. I stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at the students for a long agonizing moment. Before turning on my heel and going into the school building. The rest of my group followed in Mora hiding a snicker. I'm sure the school thought I'd address them, I'm sure I would but at the moment everyone needs to be updated.

As I pushed my way into the office I watched as Mr. Gold who was talking franticly with the secretary turned to take us in. He looked a little less put together, his suit was wrinkled like he had been in it for a day or two. "Oh good, come come. They are all in the meeting room." He said putting his arm around me and guiding me down the hall. He opened the door opposite to his office and I was surprised to see the room bustling with people. It looked like some sort of command room.

When we entered the room stopped, peoples words slowly began to die on their lips. "Faye?" a soft voice pulled my attention to a small floating form. Red tears streamed down her face as she looked at me. "I'm back" I said with a shrug. She wailed and came flying into my arms. The room broke out in smiles and clapping. Tears streamed down my face as I held my friend. "Are you okay?" Jake asked frantically as he looked me over. I looked up at him and nodded. The door behind us bust open, soon glitter and I were engulfed in large group hug. Luke blubbered and brushed down my hair as my brother held me tightly.

"Okay okay. Guys let me tell you what happened." I struggled out as they squeezed the life out of me. "Excuse me. But you are hurting my master. I need you to let go." Mia pulled Luke's sleeve. He looked down at the hooded girl "Did someone lose a kid?" He asked pointing dramatically at the familiar. Mora huffed, smacking the wolves hand out of the air "don't talk about me sister like that" she growled at him taking Mia into her arms. "Did that pipsqueak just growl at me?" Luke said pulling away from me. Gaia laughed at the man's face. I pushed at my brother but I could hear his sniffles. I let go of glitter and turned in his arms. Gripping his face I whipped his tears stained cheeks with my thumbs.

"I thought I lost you too" He whispered to me. His blue eyes were red and bloodshot. Shaking my head I gave him a smile "You can't get rid of me that easy." I kissed his cheek and let him pull me into a bone crushing hug. Once I could step back I assessed the group. "We will need to call James and Hunter. I might be back but I fear things are getting worse." I took Christians hand and lead him to the head of the table. "Take a seat and I will tell you what is going on." Everyone filed into seats the Mora sat on an annoyed Mia's lap the rest of the familiars taking stances behind others.