𝙃 𝙊 𝙈 𝙀

WORD COUNT | 1806

His arms swayed side by side leisurely as he walked. He breathed in the fresh air of the countryside, basking in its morning dew. The wind blew over the field of poppies before him, each flower brushed back in harmony. Kneeling down until he could reach the stem with ease, he plucked one out of the field and placed it within his basket followed by several others. The scarlet red of the petals drew him in, becoming his favourite flower easily. Although the path he took was longer than necessary, he enjoyed the view of the sea of red and would willingly walk a few extra miles just to witness this calming atmosphere.

A small smile formed on his lips as he tipped his head down slightly allowing his green locks to cover his vision slightly, eyes focused on the mewing kitten found on the side of the path.

Poor thing he thought to himself before picking up the precious creature and placing it comfortably in his basket.

Once a month, Midoriya was permitted to visit his mother as well as be given the freedom to wander the country although usually he stays within the welcoming area of his hometown. Today was his very treasured break day.

Humming slightly to a lullaby, he reached the town not before long as he tapped lightly on his front door. He heard a light shuffle and footsteps that approached the entrance hurriedly. The door whipped wide open within seconds as his lungs were squeezed with an immeasurable amount of affection showered from his mother's hug.

"Izuku! You're even earlier than usual!" She shouted in joy as she ruffled her son's hair gently.

"Well uh...I missed your voice... and your cooking... and you..." the shy son trailed off, an embarrassed look appeared on his face as his mother's gaze met his. He was a mother's boy.

"Aw, I missed you too!" She responded before ushering him inside and closing the door behind him.

The entirety of the day went by with the mother and son spending quality time together. Laughs and chatters filled the air comfortably as Midoriya thought to himself there was no place like home. He really did miss his mother over the past month.

Working in the palace wasn't horrendous, but the young boy was often left alone after his working hours as he curled up in his small bed by himself. Sure enough, he had a few close friends who worked besides him, but there was no one who showered him with affection as much as his mother did. The thought of the next time seeing his mother was due in a month made his will of leave reluctantly, but the boy pushed onwards nonetheless at what needs to be done.

"Mom, I'll have to leave now." He said begrudgingly before a long sigh breathed out.

"Oh sweetie, make sure to not overwork yourself!" She walked up towards the door where the green haired boy put his shoes on slowly. "Take care, remember to eat three meals a day and take your suppressants. Don't cause too much trouble and feel free to come back whenever. You're always welcome here." Before his mother could say any more, Midoriya put his hand up before enveloping his mother in a tight hug.

"I know. See you in a bit." He chuckled sadly as he walked out the door, his mother looked at his son's back figure which grew smaller and smaller as he walked on. A pang of sadness hit her heart as she thought 'a bit' more like a month. She too chuckled sadly as she closed the door, already missing the presence of her son.

The pathway Midoriya walked on was still lit clearly as he made sure to leave on time so as to not have to walk dangerously in the dark. After exiting his home town, he took the route of travelling through another nearby village as a shortcut before he heard a loud commotion in the town centre.