𝙋 𝙄 𝘾 𝙆

WORD COUNT | 2218

The omega woke abruptly with a pang in his head. Sitting up gingerly, he ruffled his soft green curls before rubbing his eyes. The commotion that surrounded him was chaotic, workers moving barrels, servants rushing to and fro. His hands moved downwards which made contact with the hay he was sitting on. Looking around warily he realised he was atop of the back of a transport cart with the hay that was meant for the horses. Jumping down as quickly as possible, the young teen patted his trousers, ridding it of any creases.

Before he even had a moment to go over how he ended up waking in this situation an all too familiar voice boomed through his ear. "Midoriya! Where have you been?!" His supervisor scolded whilst pushing his glasses up.

"Iida. Look, even I don't know what happe-"

"Enough! Get ready this instance, I don't need to hear your excuses. Be at the main hall as soon as possible." He ordered with vivid hand gestures before speeding away to another worker and directing them.

Sighing heavily, he made his way towards his quarters, his body still sore from sleeping on something as uncomfortable as a hay stack. Millions of thoughts and questions circulated his mind as to how he ended up in a state such as this. And how on earth did he manage to sleep in a situation as odd as that one.

Opening his doors, he was met with the wide eyes Ochaco - a fellow servant. Both of them met in the taster course of the culinary department, however he was soon transferred to the cleaning department due to his horrendous cooking skills. Ochaco, on the other hand had a talent in crafting delectable deserts which earned her an temporary spot in the kitchen. Despite their shorting interactions, the two of them became close friends with ease due to their fitting personalities.

"Where were you all this time? Iida was worried sick!" She spoke, shaking Izuku's shoulder's slightly in urgency.

Iida Tenya. His trusty supervisor who although wears a strict and harsh demeanour, is really a big softie on the inside who cares deeply for the servants placed under his supervision.

"Heh, long story." The green haired boy chuckled before taking a seat on his bed.

"You'll tell me all the details... later." The energetic girl spoke curiously with a side eye before tossing a handful of clothes towards her friend. "Quickly put this on and come to the main hall! The selection process is beginning!"

Annually, there is a process in which servants who are not filed in for a permanent role are picked by the heads of each department in which they will determine whether you will stay permanently or temporarily. Depending on the period of years the leaders chose, the time that servants spend temporarily at a department will vary. Ochaco having spent 3 years in the culinary department wish to be moved permanently this time round whilst Midoriya, having spent his entire life in the cleaning department, simply wishes for a change due to the that particular sect being a disguise as the dumping ground for the 'rejects' - or rather, those without an aptitude in other areas.

"I wonder who they will pick for the prince this year~" Ochaco sang merrily whilst dangling her legs from the side of the bed. She was excited yet nervous at the decision of what the culinary head will chose. Will they accept her as a permanent finally or will she have to face another few years of temporal work she pondered.

"What do you mean?" The greenette raised his eyebrow as he switched his shoes from his worn down sneakers to his smarter 'work' platforms.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you've never been to the selection! Every year the head of the domestic department will pick a servant who will serve the prince directly - like his personal assistant!" She chirped whilst clasping her hands together. "There are usually a group of maidens filled with beauty segregated on the other side of the hall just for this special selection." She continued eagerly.