Chapter 16

To her surprise, Angie had slept well that night, and as soon as morning arrived, she still felt a bit groggy, but at the same time refreshed. She had been woken up by the sound of the dragons from outside who were stumbling around while making noises. She checked the time on her watch, 7:45 am, it was a bit early, but since she was up, she decided to get up as she sat up on her bed and stretched out her tired body. Tammy was still asleep, not to Angie's surprise, her friend was known as being a heavy sleeper who would sleep through certain noises. But not wanting to wake her up, Angie got up from her bed and began to get dressed.

Once dressed in a fresh pair of clothes that consisted of a tight fitted black shirt and some forest green shorts, she stepped outside into the warm weather where she saw the dragons doing their own business while some of the hybrids were joining them.

"Morning," she turned to see Hayden walking towards her with some bananas in his hands.

"Morning" she replied with a smile.

"Sleep well?"

"I did actually."

"Did the dragons wake you up?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Sorry about that, it's just these dragons and us hybrids don't have the same sleep schedule, meaning they get up way before we do. Though we've gotten used to it, and most of us are able to sleep through their clatters."

"Kind of like Tammy" she snorted, "She's a heavy sleeper, and she's still asleep."

"Well she won't be for long" he chuckled when he handed her the bananas "I brought you breakfast."

"Oh thanks" she smiled while accepting the offering "I guess we're gonna have to get used to eating only tropical foods."

"Pretty much" he agreed with a shrug.

After setting the bananas down in her hut for Tammy to wake up to, Angie went back outside where she met back up with Hayden.

"So um-" she began, "Any news on the pilots?"

"Not that I know of, though I don't think we'll have to turn them, it's still gonna take some time though."

"I understand. So, how exactly are you guys gonna be able to get us off the island?"

"Well, a lot of the hybrids here were once pilots themselves, and they know a thing or two about contacting help. So they're gonna try to fix your jet's radio to see if they can call for help. But of course, if it does work, we're gonna have to stay hidden while you and your friends wait at the beach."

She agreed with a small nod when he added, "Hey um, any chance you would like to hang out with me today?"

"Oh," she replied a bit astonished, "Really?"

"Yeah," he nodded with a small smile "As I told you before, it's been a while since I've seen humans, especially those that won't become hybrids. And besides, we don't know how long you and your friends will be here, so why not get to know each other while we wait?"

Angie stood there not knowing what to say, from the moment she met him, she had to agree to herself that he was one of the most attractive guys she's ever seen, even though he's only haft human. And now that he wants to spend time with her, she didn't know what proper emotion to feel.

"Um, sure" she answered with a smile "What exactly do you have in mind?"

"Perhaps I can show you around, introduce you to my friends, and just talk. Candace could do the same thing with your friends. So what do you say?"