Chapter 27

As time passed with no chance of help, Angie and her friends began to lose hope as they all sat there in silence. Nobody has said a word for the past five minutes or so, it was all quiet except for Eli who was tapping his fingers on the floor he was sitting on.

"Does anyone have paper and a pen?" he suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

"Why?" Tammy questioned.

"So I can write my will."

"Eli..." she groaned.

"Hey, we could die today, so now seems like the best time as any."

"Well, if I'm going to die today, I'm not going to do it on an empty stomach. Those assholes better bring us some food soon."

All of a sudden, they heard a click at the door which caught their attention as the door swung opened by Commander Darabont with a couple of soldiers behind him.

"Miss Brighton," he spoke, "We need you to come with us."

"What?" Angie's eyes widen, "Why?"

"Now is not the time for questions."

Fearing for what they wanted her for, Angie felt her heart beating with fright as she gave her friends a worried look, too frozen to get out of her seat.

"Miss Brighton," the Commander took a step towards her.

"I can walk out myself," she declared with her hands up.

After giving her friends one last look, she stepped out of the room as she watched the Commander close the door, trapping her friends inside.

"This way," he directed.

With the two soldiers behind her, Angie had no choice but to follow as they went down the hall. If the soldiers weren't with them, she could've taken the chance to run. But since they were here and armed, she knew it was no use, especially since she wasn't going to escape without her friends and the hybrids and dragons.

However, being the smart girl that she is, Angie took this chance to observe her surroundings. She tried to see where every door is, specifically exits and prisons where the hybrids and dragons were being held, though she could hardly tell which doors they were being held in. But when she heard the sound of a loud roar that played close by, she kept that in mind seeing how they could be near.

"Miss Brighton," Commander Darabont suddenly spoke, "I was having a little chat with your dragon boyfriend-"

"What?" she scowled as she stopped, "Where is he?!"

"Relax, he's fine... for now."

"What did you talk about?" she demanded with her hands on her hips.

"Basic stuff, including this," he pulled out her necklace as she felt her stomach flop "This is a very remarkable pendant. Did you know that this stone can power an entire city for at least 3 months?"

"That's cool," she frowned.

"Just imagine many other things we can do with this stone. And with the dragons and hybrids, they can surely help me and the Professor from going bankrupt."

"What?"

"You heard that. The Professor and I are on the verge of going broke, and we're not gonna let that happen."

"Oh," she remarked with a fake smile "Well, I'll have you know, Mr. Darabont that there are other ways to prevent going bankrupt. For example, don't spend your money doing experiments on my friends!"

"Hey, if you wanna blame someone, blame the Professor, all of this was his idea."

"Oh, I know that. But you're still going through his plan! And I swear if you hurt the dragons and hybrids I'll make sure you regret it!"