Chapter 25

Just thought I should add this in here. It's a video of dragon sounds. (Including a griffin and Cerberus at the end, but try to focus more on the dragons)

Once she was in the jungle, Angie decided to go the tree where she and Hayden sat as she sat down on the low branch and let her tears fall. She suddenly wasn't feeling this pain because of watching Hayden become a monster, but rather because she ran away from him. She knew this all came as a surprise, she never expected Hayden to become something like that. But yet it scared her, and when Hayden tried to talk to her, she didn't give him a chance to continue.

She decided that once she calmed down, she would go and apologize to him. After all, it is her last day with him.

But as she began to feel herself relax, she suddenly heard footsteps as she turned to see Mr. Monroe pushing his way through the jungle while talking to someone on his walkie talkie.

"You're coming in?" he asked into the device, "Alright I'll be right out."

She couldn't hear who he was talking to, but as he continued to push his way through the jungle, she spotted something falling out of his backpack. He didn't notice it as he walked off, but after making sure he was gone, Angie went over to see what it was, and that's when she saw that it was his notebook, the one he wouldn't let anyone see. When she picked it up, she knew she wanted to look into it, seeing how Mr. Monroe has been very secretive about it and how she's been having a bad feeling about him.

So heading back to the tree, Angie flipped open the notebook and began to examine it. And what she read sent chills down her spine. At first, Mr. Monroe just took down notes about the dragons and hybrids, he even drew some illustrations about the anatomy. But these weren't the only things in there, written on these pages were ideas about making money off the creatures. One idea showed writing a book about them under a pen name, but there was one idea that really scared Angie.

All of a sudden, she could hear the sounds of helicopters flying from above. She looked up expecting to see them, but that's when she realized that they must be coming in from the beach side where their jet crashed. And by the sounds of them, she could tell there was a lot. But in order to see if what she read was about to come true, she began to follow the sounds of the helicopters towards the beach. It was a long way to run considering how far she traveled when she fell down the cliff before. But she managed to make it where she hid in the jungle and peeked out to see Mr. Monroe waving down at the helicopters who were hovering above the shore.

At first, Angie only saw 2 helicopters, but when she looked ahead, she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw more coming. If she had to guess, there was about 30 more on their way, and some of them were jets. As they all slowly began to land on the beach while some had to land in the shallow part of the water, Angie stayed put and watched as Mr. Monroe went over to one of the helicopters as a man stepped out. She immediately recognized the man as Commander Darabont, Mr. Monroe's boss who they had met before they left for their trip. And hanging on his side, she spotted a handgun.

Angie began to feel her heart racing in fear when she noticed that the other men who had come out from the helicopters and jets all had shotguns, handguns, bolas, machetes, and nets. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, this was so not a rescue squad. When she turned back to Mr. Monroe and the Commander, she couldn't tell what they were saying due to the helicopters for making their loud noises. She tried to read their lips as best as she could, but she was able to make out some words such as 'hybrids', 'dragons', and 'money'.

Even though she couldn't hear what they were saying, she knew exactly what it was about. What she had read in the notebook was coming true, and she had to warn everyone. She was about to turn around and head back when her clothes suddenly got caught in some twigs from a bush. She tried to pull them off, but they had caught on hard that she tried to yank them out from the grasps. But when she was able to yank her clothes off, she didn't notice that she had stepped into view when she looked up and felt her heart dropped when she saw Commander Darabont turning his head and making eye contact with her.