Chapter 35

The following morning around 8 am, Angie woke up to the sound of dragons coming from outside as she felt her groggy eyes start to open. But when she managed to open her eyes, she realized that she wasn't in her hut, she was in Hayden's treehouse and laying on his homemade bed with the hybrid laying next to her with her snuggled against him and her hand on his bare chest. He too started to wake up as his eyes began to slowly open as Angie quickly sat up on the bed just as he opened his eyes and spotted her.

"Hey" he greeted with a sleepy smile.

"Hi" she returned with a small smile as he sat up next to her. "I never expected this to happen."

"Well, it's not like we were doing anything naughty."

"True."

Angie let out a sigh as she laid her head on Hayden's shoulder.

"I wished I didn't have to go today" she mumbled.

"Same" he sighed as well "But you have to. Your family's waiting for you."

"I know."

As he put his arm around her, she snuggled against him while placing her hand on his body.

"I'm gonna miss this place" she sniffed as her eyes began to water.

"You can try to visit. As I said last night, you can try to find the right coordinates."

"Right, I gotta do that before we go."

"I recommend you do it now, help will be here soon."

"You're right. But until I do that, I wanna lay here for a moment."

"Go ahead."

As they snuggled against each other, neither of them wanted this moment to end. But they knew they would have to say goodbye to each other soon, especially if there was a little chance of seeing each other again. But as soon as they were ready, they met up with everyone else as they tried to search up the coordinates of the island using Jackson's coordinate GPS.

"It's kinda foggy," he remarked while checking the screen "I don't think it can give us the exact coordinates, but perhaps an accurate one."

"That's good enough" Angie declared "I'm sure with those empty planes on the beach, we can find this island."

"Yeah, what are you guys gonna do with those planes?" Tammy asked the hybrids.

"Well," Candace began to think "Since some of them managed to flee the other day, I'm gonna say we're gonna keep them on the beach, maybe turn them into new homes or something like that."

"Not to mention that we have some cool stuff now" Jayce put in.

"Okay..." Jackson said while checking the screen "I thought I got a coordinate."

He showed everyone the screen.

"That looks about right" Angie noted, "Write it down."

"So when's help gonna get here?" Eli asked.

"I think they said they would be here around 12" Candace answered, "So we've got time until they get here."

"In that case, do you guys mind if we can get some photos? We won't show them to anyone, it's just for us."

The hybrids didn't say anything as they took glances at each other.

"Ajax?" Candace asked their leader.

"Oh, what the hell?" he shrugged "It's been a while since I've got my picture taken."

For the remaining hours, everyone hung out together while taking photos, mostly with Tammy's Polaroid camera that allowed the photo to instantly come out of her camera that she used to give to the hybrids. And just as they thought, they began to hear the sound of a helicopter approaching the beach a little after 12 as they all hurried to the shore to see a new helicopter descending onto the sand as everyone stood back to give it space as it landed right there.