Chapter 30

Angie couldn't believe what was happening to her, she had a feeling she was going to die today, but she never expected it to be like this. She found herself zip-tied to a metal horseshoe pole that had been drilled into the crust with a pack of explosives that was also attached to it, and it was about to go off in a few minutes. She tried everything she could to break free, but it was no use, not only was this pole drilled deep into the crust, but she had nothing on her to help her break free or even disable the dynamite.

The only thing that can save her now is hope.

But not knowing what has happened to her friends and the hybrids and dragons, she had no idea if she ever was going to get saved as she allowed her frightened tears to flow down her face that had gotten stained with sweat and dirt. And as she felt her heart banging against her rib cage, she desperately tried to keep her hope alive, but at the same time, she couldn't help but feel it slowly slipping away.

_________

On a different part of the mountain, Commander Darabont and his two soldiers had just finished setting up the remaining explosives that were in his backpack as they began to descend down the mountain.

"Let's get the rest," he ordered, "And after the first one blows up, we continue with the others."

But as they continued down, they suddenly noticed the sky getting darker, the clouds had completely covered the sun and a low rumble was heard.

"Now what?" the Commander complained, "Is there gonna be storm now?"

But at that moment, as they were distracted by the clouds, one of the soldiers was suddenly tackled down by Candace who jumped out from behind a boulder and was followed by Hayden who did the same thing with the other soldier. Commander Darabont didn't even hesitate as he began to run down the mountain as carefully as he could. But he didn't get far when Hayden jumped on him as they began to tumble down while Hayden still clutching onto the Commander. And when they came to a stop at a ledge, Hayden placed himself on top of the Commander where he held him down by the throat.

"Where's Angie?!" he growled with his sharp teeth exposed.

"If you don't hurry," the Commander panted, "She'll be gone."

"I SAID WHERE IS SHE?!" he thundered as he flashed his yellow eyes.

But instead of getting an answer, Hayden suddenly felt a sharp pain in the left side of his thigh as he let out a loud roar as the Commander pushed him off. When he spotted a bloody small pocket knife in the Commander's hand, that's when Hayden looked down to see a small stab wound in his leg as he quickly clutched it to hold the bleeding. Because it was a small knife, he knew it wouldn't kill him, unless he didn't get it bandaged in time.

But as he took off his shirt and tore off a piece, he began to hurry up and wrapped the cloth around his leg while gazing around to locate Angie. But because of the sudden dark clouds, it seemed harder when he turned to Candace who had flown towards him.

"Candace," he breathed in pain, "Go get help, I need to find Angie."

"I'll try to hurry," she promised as she flew off.

_________

As the timer got closer to finishing, Angie was still struggling against her bonds, she struggled so hard that her wrists had turned red and were already aching by the soreness. And as she watched as the timer decreased, she began to lose all hope as she collapsed her body onto the crust with both exhausting and hopelessness. She realized that there was no way for her to break free, her bonds were too tight and the dynamite was getting close to going off.