Chapter 8

"That I did what?!" He yelled while standing from the couch abruptly.

I almost flinched at his reaction but stopped myself because I couldn't believe he was about to deny something  I heard with my own ears.

"I heard you guys last night, or should I say this morning. There was moaning coming from your room and it was clearly from a woman. As far as I know there's only two woman on this property and one of them, me, had to stand there and listen to the guy she likes have sex with another woman." He sat back down at my declaration and put his face in his hands. He better not give me some bullshit apology.

"Last night I got a call from my chief about a situation that needed my immediate attention, something I can't go into detail for now. I left you sleeping on the couch while I went to search for Darell or officer Thomas, as you know him, to talk about the situation and to devise a plan should the consequences of said situation have an effect on us." He rubbed his face as if tired of this whole thing. Welcome to the club buddy, I am too. "I didn't sleep in the house last night, Darell sent one of the other officers to stay with you while we formulated a plan. We literally worked all night in the guest house until eight in the morning, I haven't slept all day cause I've been worried about you. I don't know who was having sex in my room with Darcy but it sure as hell wasn't me, you can ask Darell if you don't believe me." He looked at me with apprehension in his eyes and I immediately felt bad for assuming.

I could see it in his eyes that he was telling the truth, but could anyone blame me for thinking the worst. Had he woken me up and told me he had to do some work in the guest house we could have avoided this whole situation.

"I'm sorry for assuming and not talking about it with you earlier maybe you could've gotten some hours of sleep. But then this only brings me to the other thing I wanted to tell you. I saw Darcy and officer Smith outside by the kitchen window making out." I shut my eyes because I didn't want to see his reaction to what I just said.

I heard him laugh and I opened my eyes to see what was so funny.

"Sweet, you make me laugh. Why would I care what Darcy and Micheal do on their free time? They're both consenting adults that know what they're doing. The only thing I'm upset about is that they used my bed to do the nasty. But that's one more reason to sleep on your bed with you." He said with a cheeky grin.

"I just thought -before I knew it wasn't you having sex with her- that you would be jealous of them being together. Oh my God, I sound like a insecure teenager just forget I said anything." I got up ready to go back to my room but he grabbed my hand and pulled me down to his lap.

"The only girl I would be jealous to see with another man is sitting on my lap right now." He pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear and I wanted to lean my head against his hand more, but I held myself back.

"Not to be a party pooper or anything but I'm still requesting for a new CPO." He pulled his hand away from me and placed me on the couch beside him, I guess that killed the mood.

"Why? I thought everything was going to be okay now that I explained everything. That's why you wanted to request a new CPO right? Because you thought I slept with Darcy?" He had a look of disbelief on his face.

"Yes, but it's not the whole reason. There's somethings else I haven't told you, and I'm scared to say it." I said looking down at my lap.

He placed two finger under my chin and raised my head so I could look him in the eyes.

"You know you can tell me anything. I'm never going to judge you." He reassured me.

"I know it's just... I don't know how to say it without sounding dumb." My nerves were getting the best of me and my heart was beating so hard I could feel it in my ears. I felt my hands shaking and they were also sweating at what I was about to confess.