Virgin Part 3

"Stay."

Oh. Hell. No. Shawn is NOT asking you to stay. Boundary number one: No staying over, especially not in the same bed.

"I can't."

Shawn's face falls at your response but nods. You remember your words from earlier. No feelings involved. This is going to be harder than you thought.

Two days pass, you and Shawn barely talk, barely text and don't see each other. Honestly, you feel that you really need to keep your feelings in check and space can help you do just that.

After you'd left, you sat in the back of the taxi, feeling surprisingly numb. You know you'd made the right decision but you're not sure about who with. Your's and Shawn's friendship was simple now you'd gone and thrown sex into the mix.

You're confused, yes, you enjoyed Shawn's body, his touch and most definitely his mouth but this was supposed to be just sex. Just sex. Your heart isn't supposed to get involved. But as usual, it did. As soon as your lips touched Shawn's, your heart had beat so wildly, finally getting what it craved. Your body had hummed at his touch and throbbed with need. Of course you'd fantasied about him, but you'd managed to keep your feelings in check. That was before the sex.

You can't take it back and nor do you want to, but you also can't ignore it forever. Shawn had texted you a couple of times over the weekend, asking you if you wanted to meet up but you said no. You'd claimed you were busy, tired or had friends over but really you wanted to distance yourself. Keep your heart safe. There's no doubt in your mind that Shawn was just texting out of gentlemanly-ness, making sure you don't hurt or something, rather than anything else. He does not like you like that.

You'd spent the weekend hidden away in your cosy apartment, away from Jacob's pesky texts, apologising about Friday night, away from Shawn's calls and messages asking you meet up or "can we talk" and away from your family, asking if you're okay. You missed them so much, moving to LA had been a huge jump and although you loved it here, your heart ached for your ever supportive family. You made a note to invite them over soon.

So, taking a deep breath and putting on a smile, you step through the doors at work on Monday morning and sit down at your desk. 

"Y/N? How was your weekend?" A colleague comes over, someone you don't really know that well but, you sometimes exchange pleasantries at the coffee machine.

"Fine, thanks." You're kind of surprised that they even asked but maybe they're just being polite. You about to ask them back when you're cut off by another voice.

"Y/N? Come to my office please." You turn around to see your boss, a balding, fat man waddling into his room that he calls "an office". Really it's like a broom closet with a desk squashed into one corner and a chair with a potted plant in the other.

You grab your bag and walk in, suddenly nervous. You've only ever been into Tony's office once and that was when you were interviewed for your current position. Let's be honest, usually you're only called in if you're getting a promotion or you've done something wrong. Neither of which you're expecting. You've only been here a good 4 months, you've kept quiet and to yourself.

"Y/N, take a seat." 

Tony isn't a bad guy, maybe a bit too distant with his employees but he's a good boss. Always giving praise and critique when he feels it's necessary. He's got that balance of firm at fair down to a T.

"So, I came in this morning, to hear that you've been caught abusing one of your colleagues. You know I don't tolerate animosity here, especially between employees. So I suggest, you hash out whatever's between you two ASAP or I'll sit you down in here and you talk it out like kids at school. I'm hoping you choose the former."