Señorita Part 2

"Fine Y/N, you can deny your feelings as much as you want and lie to yourself but you can't lie to me."

Shawn jumps on the back of his bike and accelerates down the street, leaving you in a cloud of dust and your miserable thoughts.

What have you done?

After spending a good hour sitting on the floor of your tiny shower, crying under the lukewarm water, you finally have the strength to face your reality. 

Knowing what you've done, intentionally pushed Shawn away, because you're scared to show your true self to him. You two are too different, your way of life just isn't like his. You're not living in a fancy luxury apartment. You're scraping by and you're embarrassed.

You drag your body to bed, it squeaks in protest as you flop down onto it, feeling the weight of your whirlwind romance. 

Sleep takes over and you dream of a hazel eyed boy who might, just might have started to break down the edges of the wall around your heart.

***

Your eyes feel puffy and sore as you wake up, unaware that you forgot to set your alarm last night. Glancing at the clock, you realise that you have 15 minutes to get to work. Scrambling to brush your teeth, comb your hair and put on some clothes, you're out of the door in 5 and sprinting across the neighbourhood in the already burning hot, morning sun.

You're dripping in sweat when you arrive and you mentally curse yourself for not setting your alarm again. Thoughts of your short romance with Shawn make your heart ache. You compose yourself, running a hand through your hair and taking a deep breath. 

"Hey Y/N." Nina passes you as she throws the trash bag into the dumpster. She turns to look at you. Taking your cheeks in her hands, she frowns at your still puffy eyes.

"I knew he was trouble, I should whoop his ass for even looking at you-." 

"It's not like that Nina, I was the one who ruined it."

You sigh, pulling your face away from her clammy palms.

She studies you hard, watching your expression and then smiles sympathetically. 

"You better put on a brave face girl, it's going to be a long day." She holds your hand tightly before turning around and you follow her through the back door and into the kitchen.

Not normally being much of a talker at work, aside from your heart to hearts with Nina, you manage to get by the first few hours with a fake smile and keeping your head down from your co workers.

If your other colleagues noticed, they didn't dare say anything. As you fill a cup of coffee, you contemplate your situation. You're mad at yourself for two reasons:

1. You let yourself get attached and then called it off

2. You're feeling heartbroken when you're the one who called it off

You sigh deeply as you carry a tray of empty plates to the washer and hear the bell ring. Today has been slow, the usually customers haven't shown up. The diner doesn't have air con and most people are trying to stay out of the scorching heat, probably take refuge in some of the new stores across town.

Reaching to take your notepad out of your apron, you walk to the booth, eyes down and ready to rattle off your usual speech.

Glancing up, you freeze, before fighting the urge to run and hide back in the kitchen.

Shawn sits at the table, watching you, eyes wary. 

"Good afternoon, my name is Y/N-"

"I'll take a shake. Chocolate."

Shawn speaks with disinterest. You're almost disappointed that he hasn't said anything about the last two days, but why would he? You're the one who told him to leave.

As you prepare the milkshake in the kitchen, you glance up and see Shawn staring out the window at the parking lot, as he did when you first saw him. 

You quietly place the milkshake glass on the table and step back, trying to create space between you and the magnetic pull you feel when you're around Shawn.

Shawn's head turns, smiles briefly before sipping his shake. You nod and begin to walk back to the safety of the kitchen.

"Y/N?"

You try and squeeze your eyes shut, trying to forget who the voice belongs to.

"Yes?" You spin on your heel, plastering on a fake smile and walking back to his table.

"I've been thinking about yesterday. I know you're not ready for commitment but I'd really like for us to go out again, even if it's just as friends. I don't want to end it like this."

You both know you could never be just friends, the pull is too strong. The way you two connected, it's beyond friendship.

Hesitating, you sigh, glancing around the diner to see all the tables are being served or empty so you slide into the booth with him.

Taking a deep breath and focusing on the wall behind Shawn's ear, you speak.

"I'm sorry. About last night. I was scared and when things move too fast, instead of trying to talk about it, I run away." 

You can feel the water works beginning, a tear escapes your eye, making a trail down your cheek.

"Hey." 

Shawn's thumb reaches up, cupping your chin and wipes the tear from your face. You sigh at his touch, feeling those familiar butterflies. 

"I'm sorry that you feel that way. I understand that you don't trust me just yet."

Shaking your head, you begin to protest.

"It's not that-"

"Y/N, you won't even show me your apartment. You don't trust me." His tone is soft and understanding and you can't meet his eyes, embarrassed that he knows how ashamed you are of your living situation.

"But that's okay. Do you want to try this again? Because as sure as hell do." He chuckles lightly.

Looking up, you study his face. The perfect lines of his nose and cheek bones. The shape of his eyes. He really is beautiful.

Remembering the few days you spent, at the beach, at the bar, in his bed. You realize that you want more than just a short romance, you want to know how he likes his eyes in the morning, what his favourite color is, hell what toothpaste he uses. You want all of it. Everything. 

"Yeah, let's try this again."

Shawn smiles and sticks out his hand.

"Hi I'm Shawn." You laugh and shake it.

"Hi Shawn, I'm Y/N."

"Well Y/N, would you like to go out later? There's a bar, not too far away, which has great music."

You grin.

"I'd love to."

Y'all I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND FOR HOW BAD THIS IS OMG. I've had such writer's block and I feel like the worst person for not carrying through SOOO many themes from the first part of this fic. I just love to over complicate things and then lose interest. I'm sorry. Hope you're all okay and thank you for 100K reads, you're amazing <3