Chapter 12

Christmas Eve

~:~:~:~:~

Disclaimer: See Prologue

~:~:~:~:~

Don't forget to review!

Enjoy! :)

~:~:~:~:~

I can't believe it. It's already Christmas Eve, I thought when I woke up in the cot that I made for myself on the floor between my two new (yet unexpected) friends, Ginny and Hermione. I know, I guess you could say that I was friends with Hermione before, but really, before the vacation, we only saw each other as acquaintances.

I remember a week before, when I stepped off the train with the twins, plotting against Charlie and Bill, our heads bent toward each other, whispering frantically. I glanced up in time to see a plump read-headed woman running towards me and I squeaked, freezing in my tracks as she engulfed me in a hug saying things like "Claire, dear, I've heard so much about you! I can't believe you're actually in the same grade as Fred and George! I feel like I've known you for such a long time, you see. Ohhh goodness, you do look so much like Lily, aside from your hair, that you got from your father, of course..." and she didn't stop rambling on as she pulled me to where the rest of the family was.

Arthur and Bill were there to greet us all as well and when Bill saw me, he stopped greeting his family to look at me, who by now had a smirk even larger than the matching ones the twins were wearing. He nudged his father, who looked at me in surprise. I'm guessing I wasn't exactly what he was expecting.

I still have to wonder if he thought I'd look more like the Malfoys despite the fact that my parents were the same as Harry's.

I remember the somewhat blank look Bill gave me as he and his father walked over, allowing Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Percy, Fred, and George to talk animatedly amongst themselves while they walked over to greet me. Mrs, Weasley had just about as large a fit when she went over to greet them as she did when she came over to greet me.

I tried to hide the smirk on my face from the excitement of knowing what exactly was coming Bill's way this break, but I knew they could see it anyway. I glanced over to Fred and George, just in time for them to grin at me and wink.

"Hello," Mr weasley said to me slightly curt.

"Hello, Mr. Weasley, I've heard so much about you," I said politely. He had this look on his face that made me realize he thought I meant from my father. "Only the best things, of course. Ronald and Harry both speak very highly of you," I assured him, extending my hand to shake his. He and Bill both looked shocked as Mr. Weasley shook my hand. I hid my smirk behind a polite smile as I looked toward Bill. "Bill," I said sweetly. "You do still prefer being called Bill, do you not?" I asked, extending my hand to him as well. He nodded, taking my hand in his. "Well, it's very nice to see you again. I understand we got off on the wrong foot four years ago. I do hope we can change, that," I said trying so hard not to burst out into laughter. He nodded again as I headed back to the other group, leaving them in their stunned silence.

I couldn't help but grin at the memory as I slipped on a pair of light-wash jeans and a green Slytherin house sweater. It's amazing how well Fred, George, and I have gotten along. Of course, what better way to bond with them than to help them prank their two older brothers?

Mr. Weasley doesn't want to admit it, but I can tell he thinks it's funny (as he normally does when it's just the twins). But now, they have a little new flavor to the pranks that's added in by your truly. Charlie and Bill always get so flustered, but both of their parents (especially Mrs. Weasley) accept me and like me so much more than I had expected.