Chapter 17

Sick Days and Quidditch Captains

~:~:~:~:~

Disclaimer: See Prologue

~:~:~:~:~

I hope you like this story so far! :)

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE Review? :3 If you do, the last chapter will go up tomorrowwww~~~~

Lol bribery.

~:~:~:~:~

As I had promised, I didn't go to my classes. The twins and Riley talked to Dumbledore a few hours before breakfast and he agreed it was a good idea for me to lie low until I was better. Speaking of which, I had, in fact, caught something. The twins thought it was probably from all the stress and then last night added onto it. I didn't care, as long as I was better for the match with Hufflepuff that Saturday.

I went to breakfast with my three friends, not even bothering to get dressed or put on my usual tiny bit of mascara and eyeliner. I was even wearing my glasses instead of putting in my contacts. I was sick, and I honestly didn't care if I looked it for once.

I was pleasantly surprised by how few people looked at me that morning and even more pleased with the even smaller number of people who gave me looks of pity. I sat with my friends at the table as usual, and was happy to see Terence among them once again.

Finally, I could just sit and talk with everyone like old times. And something told me Dumbledore said something about not pitying me because I'm strong and have always been able to deal with it. Or at least that's what Adrian hinted at while we ate.

I was just happy I had a day to catch up on everything and I didn't have to sit through lecture after lecture. I already knew a lot of the information they were saying since I had been reading as much as I could out of my books just in case I missed a class or two.

Despite how ill I was, I was determined to go to Quidditch practice that night, although I'd only be watching. I handed the position of captain to Terence (much to his surprise) for the night so I wouldn't have to use my strained voice.

"Claire!" I heard from behind me. I turned. It was Harry.

"Harry! How are you?"

"That's what I should be asking you. I went to look for you last night to apologize. I really have been trying to be civil to Malf- er Draco, it's just-"

"Harry," I cut him off, trying to have a normal volume, but having to almost whisper anyway. My voice really was leaving me pretty fast. "It's okay. I'm fine. I know you're trying." He looked relieved.

"Oh, and er I should probably tell you... Er Hermione kind of punched him in the nose a while back this year.. He was calling her a... Well, you know." I laughed until my laughs turned into coughs.

"Harry, to be honest," I whispered to him once I was over the coughing. "I think out of the two of you, Draco's by far the worst in his 'attempts' to be nice."

~:~:~:~:~

Once breakfast was done, I headed to the Hospital Wing to get something to help me fight off this cold, wondering where Wood was that morning since I hadn't seen him.

As soon as I got there, I had my answer. Wood was there in his pyjamas as well, sniffling as he held a warm potion in his hands. I couldn't help but laugh, which caused my to cough. He laughed as well, ending up coughing. Madame Pomfrey must have heard the coughing and hurried in.

"Clarice Amelia Potter!" she scolded as she brought me to the bed next to Wood's. "You're sick as well? And... Oh, goodness, you have pneumonia." Wow, I thought I had a cold. What do you know? That's why I was coughing so much and could barely talk. "I'll have to ask Severus to brew up a different potion for you," she mumbled. "You'll have to stay here until the potion's done and your illness goes away," she told me, laying me back to the pillows.