Chapter 16

A Prank Gone Wrong

~:~:~:~:~

Disclaimer: See Prologue

~:~:~:~:~

Hey guys! This was supposed to be two chapters, but since I had written five chapters last night (including these two) I thought "hey, I'm just gonna make an extra long and intense chapter!" Hope you don't mind. :(

Hope you like the chapterrr! Cause I sure dooo! :)

~:~:~:~:~

I went down to breakfast later than usual, thankful it was the weekend so it was served a little later anyway. I began making my way into the Great Hall at half past nine, forgetting entirely that the twins were going to prank me all day.

Unfortunately, he first prank of the day was in my morning pumpkin juice, so I had it coming before I remembered I had to be on the look out. It was a rather odd experience. I was sitting there, joking around with the team (excluding Terence because he was still a little sour for my outburst in front of the entire school), and I decided to take a sip of my drink about fifteen minutes after I began eating. It tasted a little sweeter than normal, but I didn't think anything of it.

Then the team stopped talking and began staring at me, wide-eyed.

"What?" I asked.

"I-I think... The Weasleys put something in your pumpkin juice..." Riley said uneasily. I felt my face go red with anger.

"What the hell did they do?"

She rummaged through her bag for a moment before moving on to Hestia's bag, who was still staring at me, wide-eyed, jaw on the floor. She eventually produced a mirror, and held it up for me to see. In the mirror was a gorgeous girl who looked so much like the model-version of my mother, I thought it was a trick.

"Who-who's that?" I asked stupidly, with wide eyes, touching my face. The reflection followed my movements. I didn't - wouldn't believe this beauty was me of all people.

"That's... Wow, um you, only... With... Ginger hair..." Flora said uncertainly. Suddenly, I was out of my shock. And I was furious. I'm a freaking ginger?!

"Yea, and it suits you. You do have a red-headed temper after all," Adrian teased.

"Shut up, Pucey," I shot back, standing, my now-brightly-colored ringlets bouncing as I stormed off to the Gryffindor table. It didn't help that more and more of them were beginning to stare and point. I walked with as much dignity as I could to the table until I stood behind the twins who almost didn't realize I was there until Wood who was sitting across from them saw me and snorted into his eggs, only adding to my fury.

"Claire!"

"How good to see you!"

"Like your new look?"

I glared. If looks could kill they'd be killed, buried, dug up again, killed again, and that process would continue hundreds of times. Really.

"Are you running out of ideas boys?" I asked them sarcastically. "It seems you took my prank on Charlie and Bill." They looked at each other, grinning.

"No."

"It's just that our mum-"

"Well, she said she wished she could adopt you-"

"And now she can actually get away with it."

"Besides..." Fred began, grinning.

"It suits you." They finished together.