Treasure

Sunday.

Who the hell works on Sunday? Y/N thought to herself as she took a sip from her coffee which had gotten cold since she got on the phone with her boss.

Harry had gone out early for his usual morning run, so she had to wait for him to get home so they could have breakfast together. In the meantime, Y/N had to finish her assigned tasks so she could work on the presentation for the meeting on Monday.

She really did miss university. Everything had been much easier back then.

The sound of doorbell echoed into the flat, sending Y/N straight out of her chair as she immediately ran from the kitchen to the front door. Ben had arrived. She hadn't seen him for nearly two months now because  both of them had been so busy.

Ben had just got back from Bristol a week ago and rang her as soon as he'd got off the plane to set up a date. At first, Y/N assumed that he missed her, but it turned out the main reason Ben wanted to meet up was because he needed help with making brownies for a colleague's birthday.

"Hey, girl!" Ben waved enthusiastically when he saw Y/N at the door, and the girl wasted no time to pull her old neighbor into a hug.

"I missed you so much! It's so good to see you again!"

Ben opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted when the lift door opened and one of Y/N's neighbors walked out, carrying a grocery bag with her. The girl was slightly older than her, she seemed reserved and quiet, the geeky type of person, yet the look she gave Y/N before pulling out her keys made Ben suspect his initial judgements had been all wrong.

Before he could even ask, Y/N said out loud, "he's gay, okay? I'm not cheating on my boyfriend!"

Her sudden change in attitude left both her friend and her neighbor in shock. Ignoring both of their reactions, she grabbed Ben by the wrist and pulled him inside, slamming the door shut behind them.

"Getting along with your new neighbors I see." Ben chuckled as he shrugged off his coat, watching Y/N pinch the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Last week she told almost everyone she knew in the building that I invited a guy over when Harry was at work. But it was just Niall dropping off some stuff for Harry!"

"She's probably just jealous of you." Ben gave her a small shrug. "I mean, Harry is kind of everyone's type."

"True." She laughed. "I'm gonna force him to wear a shirt that says 'I'm taken' every time he goes out."

Ben laughed along then waited on the sofa as Y/N headed back to the kitchen to get him a drink.

"Tea or coffee?"

"Water please."

"Good choice!"

She returned a minute later with a glass of water, and sat down next to Ben. Just as the man was about to ask where Harry was, the front door flew open and Harry rushed inside with the biggest smile on his face despite being all sweaty from the run.

"Baby, I'm homeeee! Oh hi Ben! Didn't know you were coming!"

"Someone's in a good mood." Ben chuckled.

Y/N, on the other hand, furrowed her eyebrows as Harry leaned in to peck her on the lips.

"What are you hiding behind your back?" She asked cautiously, knowing he was up to something the moment she saw him beaming and biting his bottom lip to contain the excitement about whatever he was about to show her.

"Guess what I found outside our building!"

"Oh no..."

"A kitten!"