Plus One

"Josephine!"

The CEO's assistant flew right out of her chair when the young girl wearing Gucci strutted past her desk straight towards the CEO's office, turning a blind eye to curious stares shooting her way.

"Miss Davis! Your father is having a meeting, you cannot go in there!"

Josephine's words held up the girl, causing her to turn around and slide down her sunglasses to reveal her light brown eyes.

"Did he mention when he'd be done?" she asked, slightly disappointed.

"You're gonna have to wait at least an hour, darling."

The young girl rolled her eyes, releasing a sharp exhale for she hates waiting; but her frustration didn't last for too long when she spots the person who might keep her company until her dad was free to see her.

"Did Harry Styles just get his own office?" She asked her father's assistant, pointing to the young man who was carrying a carton box into a room.

"Yes, your father had that office cleaned up yesterday so Harry could move his stuff in there."

"Thanks, Josephine, you can go back to work now, I'll be fine on my own."

That was all Josephine had been waiting to hear so she could finally return to her desk and resume whatever work that she'd been assigned. Once she'd left, the brown-eyed girl quickly fixed her shirt and her hair as she took a deep breath before heading towards Harry's door while wearing the biggest grin on her face.

"Hey!"

Harry flinched when he nearly bumped into the girl on his way out of the office. To his surprise she pulled him into a hug and kissed him on the cheek like they were really close friends when in fact it took him a few seconds of stuttering to remember her name.

"Hey, Rose." He pressed his lips into a small smile and subtly took a step backward to keep a distance between them. "Here to see Mr. Boss?"

"Gee, he told everyone to call him that?" Rose laughed, shaking her head, making Harry laugh along.

Rose was his new boss' daughter, 20-year-old, still in university, a fashion student. Harry had met her the first time at her father's charity event, then the next two times when she came there to see her father, though everyone in the company said she showed up regularly only to see Harry. Harry himself, on the other hand, didn't think too much about her reason. Her dad owned that place so she could come however often she wanted; besides, he was already engaged, so this young girl's little crush on him was insignificant.

"Congrats on getting your own office! Daddy couldn't stop talking about you," said Rose with a lovely smile as she tiptoed to look over his shoulder into his new office. Now Harry understood why everyone there loved her, it was not just the fact that she was pretty and always so well-dressed, she also carried a positive energy to every room she walked in.

"Thank you. I'm very flattered," he replied and was just about to leave, but Rose continued talking in order to keep the conversation going.

"I don't know much about how this whole thing works..." She circled her finger in the air, rolling her eyes "...but daddy told me even his most hard-to-please clients loved you and that contract you got for him was one of the biggest ones this year."

"If it wasn't for your father—"

"He also said you were humble," Rose cut him off, biting back a smile as she stared at Harry. "I guess you're going to his annual dinner party right?"