Barefoot Cinderella

"Styles, Mr. Boss wanna speak to you."

When hearing those words, Harry already had a bad feeling. His boss, Mr. Davis, didn't usually ask the staff to come see him in his office, and whenever he did, it was either "you got promoted" or "you're fired". The last time Harry had been in there, he'd walked out with his own office, but he didn't think someone could be that lucky twice.

The CEO's assistant opened the door for him and closed it once he'd entered, leaving the young man alone with his boss. Mr. Davis was typing down something on his laptop as he told Harry to take a seat, not a single look had yet been exchanged between the two men.

Mr. Davis finally finished whatever he'd been working on, and shut the laptop to finally look at his employee. The first question he asked Harry was whether or not the young man knew the reason he was here. Though Harry lied by saying no, he had a feeling that he knew the answer. It was him who'd made this man's daughter cry after all, so he expected their conversation right now to be about Rose, which turned out to be correct.

It was about Rose, but not exactly what Harry'd thought it would be.

"I want to apologize to you and your fiancé on behalf on my daughter," said Mr. Davis. "I've spoken to her and she's admitted to buying that dress for a bad purpose. She will have to apologize to the both of you. Once again, son, I'm very sorry."

"It's...really no big deal, sir," Harry replied, shaking his head fast. He'd been so mad at Rose for what she'd done to Y/N. But now that his fiancé had got her dream wedding dress, and was happy again, Harry had long forgotten about Rose's mistake, and he hadn't thought about the girl until this very moment. So as long as she wouldn't do anything like that again, he decided that he should just forgive her.

"Rose is having her 21st birthday party at our mansion this weekend. She asked me to invite you and your fiancé to the party, as an apology."

"That's very nice, sir. But I don't think—"

"You don't have to decide right away. Talk to your girl about it, and let me know tomorrow."

"I'm very sorry, sir. Y/N and I have already got plans for this weekend." Harry faked a smile. "We'll send Rose a birthday present, if that's alright."

It was obviously a lie, and even he knew his boss could also tell. After all of that trouble caused by him accidentally misleading the girl, Harry just didn't want to have anything to do with Rose anymore, and he knew Y/N would agree with him and tell him to decline the invitation if he ended up telling her about it. Thankfully, Mr. Davis was a wise man after all, he knew there was no point in persuading Harry to come to his daughter's birthday party, so he played along with Harry's lie and told him it was okay if he'd already got other plans.

When the young walked out of the CEO's office, Mr. Davis' assistant quickly came to ask him about what'd happened, she seemed a bit let down and also confused when he told her it was just a casual conversation, nothing so serious.

"He seems to like you," she said, smiling. "You must remind him of his godson."

"Who?"

"I've only met him once, his name is Zack or something."

.

.

.

"You want me to go with Jack to a party?" Y/N dropped her jaw as she pointed to herself, eyes broadened in shock. She knew something was wrong when Kate suddenly dragged her to a corner and acted all secretive, but she didn't expect it to be this. "When? What party? Why should I go with him?"