Doorman

When it came to Y/N, Harry admitted he could get jealous for the stupidest reasons. It could be just a look one guy gives her when they were at a social gathering, or the way one of their neighbors touched her arm too many times during a conversation.

Y/N had told him too often that he had got to trust her if they wanted their relationship to last, and he'd also told her frequently that it wasn't her he didn't trust, it's them. The problem lied in the fact that she was so lovable that people fell for her very easily. She was kind, which was one of the many reasons why he loved her, but it got frustrating sometimes because many often mistaken kindness for affection.

It all began when their doorman Albert passed away and a replacement arrived only a day after that. This one was much younger than Albert, but still older than Harry and Y/N. Harry didn't know much about him, only that his name was Nam and he didn't say hello...to Harry at least. Albert used to say hello every time Harry entered the building. So his first impression about Nam was already bad.

He wasn't as good-looking as Harry (Harry thought so but he'd also asked for Niall's opinion so he guessed that was fair), nor as funny (this, Niall had also confirmed, what a good friend), but somehow the old ladies in the building liked him a lot, probably because he gave out this positive vibe to everyone, well everyone except Harry.

"Good evening, Y/N! Hello, Treasure!"

Harry rolled his eyes as he followed his girlfriend, who was holding their kitty Treasure, towards the lift, feeling Nam's eyes lingered on them until they were finally out of his sight.

"I fucking told you! He hates me!" Harry breathed harshly once the door closed in front of them and the lift started moving up.

"Because you've never talked to him, H. You can't expect someone to be friendly to you if you always give them death glares," said Y/N as she smiled at her boyfriend. Treasure meowed to agree with her mum, leaving Harry on his own in this battle against their new doorman.

"It's not like Treasure has ever talked to him! She's a cat!"

"She plays with him all the time."

Harry immediately furrowed his eyebrows at the cat. "Daddy is very disappointed."

Y/N didn't say anything, just snorted and exited the lift when the door finally opened on the 10th floor. The couple got to their flat and Harry searched for the key in his girlfriend's bag, which he was carrying for her.

"I'm not being paranoid," he spoke while unlocking the door. "You should have seen his face this morning when you left the building wearing that incredibly tight skirt. Well, not that I complain about that skirt, but it annoyed me how he didn't even try to be subtle."

As they entered, Y/N raised an eyebrow questioningly at her boyfriend. "Was that why you suddenly gave me your trench coat? So he would stop staring at my bum?"

"Yes, but..." He looked at her, trying to come up with a good reason but ends up saying, "I also didn't want your bum to get cold."

His answer made Y/N chuckle and roll her eyes. Yes, Harry Styles everyone, the one and only man she'd ever loved.

.

.

.

A few days later, Harry came home and finds Y/N talking to their doorman. She was too busy laughing at something that man had just said and didn't even notice Harry's arrival.

Harry clenched his jaw and intended to walk over there to interrupt their conversation, when suddenly Nam reached out and ran his fingers through her hair, tucking a strand behind her ear like Harry normally did.