The Wedding Planners

Harry thought weddings were overrated, he always had. People like his cousin Mason and Mason's fiancé Stephanie, used wedding as an excuse to show off what they called 'love' because they wanted to prove how happy they were and make the lonely people feel miserable. If you were gonna marry someone, it should be about you and them and no one else, right? So why threw so much money and effort into planning a whole ceremony only for people to laugh in your face, if  you ended up signing the divorce papers and she walked away with half of your fortune and the kids? (Although Harry was pretty sure his cousin's marriage wouldn't last until the kids part). 

Harry could just go on about how overrated and unnecessary weddings were. Even when he bought that proposal ring for Y/N, even when he asked her to marry him and she said yes and he put the ring on her hand, his opinion was still the same. But the thing was, he loved Y/N, more than anything he'd ever loved. His unconditional love for this girl had made him do a lot of things that the him before her would never do. Many years ago, had anyone told him one day he'd be sitting on the bed with his future wife, debating over roses or calla lilies for their wedding, he would laugh in their face and call it bullshit. Now, he was literally sitting on their bed and trying to convince her that calla lilies were a much better option. 

She was the love of his life, so he'd make sure she'd get everything that she wanted, even if it was a massive wedding or an expensive wedding dress that she would just wear once (hopefully) and tuck it somewhere in the back of her closet. 

"Who's Gilbert?" 

"My cousin."

Harry snorted as he stared at the unfamiliar name on the guest list. "You've never mentioned a cousin named Gilbert."

"So?"

"So why are we inviting him?"

Y/N heaved a sigh as she reached for the notebook from his hand and uses the pen in hers to point it out. "So Gilbert is dating Jessie, who's super close to my brother Darren. I want Jessie to be at the wedding, and of course, I cannot tell her to not take Gilbert with her. In fact, she'll just assume that because Gilbert is related to me, he'll be invited."

"So we have to invite Gilbert."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed and rewarded him a peck on the lips. "You're doing such a great job with the guest list, baby."

Though Harry found that compliment very flattering, he still felt like he needed to be more helpful. "Can I do something else other than the guest list?" 

His question surprised her at first. "I thought you hated wedding planning?"

"I did. I still do. But I don't want to be the useless husband who lets his wife do everything."

"Aww, my love." She sighed and rested one hand at the back of his neck to press his forehead against hers. "I like it when you call yourself husband and me wife."

The radiance on her face made Harry feel whole in his heart. He brought her left hand to his lips and laid a kiss on the ring he put on for her himself, then he said, "we don't need to get married so I can call you that. In fact, I'm gonna tell everyone you're my wife from now on."

"Okay." She nodded biting her bottom lip. "Then since you're such a good husband, can you help me come up with a better wedding theme?"

"Better than Alice in Wonderland?" He faked a gasp. And she scrunched her nose playfully at him. "Better than Alice in Wonderland. That's a lot of pressure, can you handle that?"

"Sure, wife, you can count on me!"

That was how he ended up here, sprawling on their couch on a Saturday morning, with Niall by his side, a notebook in his hand and a pencil behind his ear.