Five.

Chapter 5:Crossing Lines: Three months later

Chapter 5:
Crossing Lines: Three months later

Dear Edward,
Things are spiraling. Bella is still... depressed, I haven't seen Sam or Jacob in a while, and Winston... what can I say about him? He's a boy I met on the first day of school this year. He's sweet and amazing and different. But he's been avoiding me. I gave him my number a day after we met (classy am I right?) but he doesn't text or call.
I see him around in school but he always runs in the opposite direction. Am I that repulsive? It hurts to say the least. I really liked him. Maybe I'm better off alone like before. Maybe I deserve it.
It's starting to feel like you never existed. I guess that's how you want it to be. I hope you're alright.
From your complicated friend, Hunter Reed

Hunter shut off her laptop and slipped into her jacket. Her shoulders were slumped forward, a heavy load of disappointment weighing on her back. She felt empty and distracted, almost the same as when her dad died.

Slinging on her backpack, she escaped her quarters and bounded down the stairs almost robotically. The bags beneath her eyes were beginning to become more prominent and her energy was slipping faster than usual.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep, the lack of keeping up with her medications or the fact that her own mother was tormenting her. Maybe it was just Bella rubbing off on her.

Hunter found herself outside where Bella and Charlie were conversing, "That's it." Charlie sighed.

   "That's what?" Hunter spoke, sparing a quick glance at Bella before traveling to the passenger's side of the truck.

Charlie raised his hand in the air for a split second, "You're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother."

Bella and Hunter grew shocked at this, "What? Why?" They questioned at once.

   "I just— I don't know what to do anymore. You don't act like someone left you; more like someone died."

Bella looked away, knowing all too well that's exactly how it felt to her. She couldn't function anymore knowing that Edward was gone. "I'm not leaving Forks."

Charlie sighed, "Bells, the bastard's not coming back." She nods in response. Hunter popped open the car door and tossed her school bag inside, "This behavior isn't normal Bella."

   "Yeah and frankly it's scaring the hell outta me, and your mother." Charlie added, "Go to Jacksonville. Make some new friends."

Bella faced them, "I like my old friends."

Hunter scoffed, "You never see them anymore."

   "I do too. In fact, I'm uhm— Jessica and I are going to Port Angeles tomorrow. Shopping."

Both Charlie and Hunter's eyes squint with suspicion, "You hate shopping." Her father replied.

Bella nodded, "That's how good a friend I am."