Seven.

Chapter 7:Emotional Nights

Chapter 7:
Emotional Nights

    "You look scared." Hunter muttered, watching Bella climb onto the newly fixed dirt bike. "I'm not." She assured, eyeing her housemate with determination.

Hunter held her hands up in surrender and Jacob licked his lips with amusement. "Alright," he started, "break?"

   "That one." Bella replied clutching the brakes. Hunter watched the way Jacob's hands lingered over Bella's, his gentleness. She could feel how happy he was at the basic contact he was receiving, it was disgusting and it definitely made her feel some type of way.

She always assumed that her and Jacob were a lot closer, even when they were kids. But his affection for Bella always shoved her aside.

Bella gave Jacob an awkward look which he caught, and he eased up. His jaw clenched, "Clutch?" She grabbed onto the left handle, the clutch. "Good. Gas?" He questioned.

She flipped the red switch and the bike came to life, the engine's roar bringing a smile to Hunter's face. It actually worked.

   "You ready?" Jacob egged, smiling as well.

Hunter's smile wiped away when the shimmering silhouette of Edward Cullen appeared again. He was standing on the other side of Bella, "Stop her. She'll get hurt." His eyes were pleading.

   "Now, slowly release the clutch." Jacob told her, stepping closer to Hunter.

Bella seemed to be out of it, her eyes were distant and emotional. Suddenly, the bike jerked forward and both Bella and Hunter gasped in fright.

Jacob jumped back, "Woah! You alright?" Bella continued with her blank stare and adjusted herself on the bike. She seemed like she just saw a ghost.

   "Hunter, you have to stop her. Please." Edward begged her again.

Hunter sighed, "Bella, are you sure you want to do this?" The brown haired girl looked at her briefly, her skin bright with blotches of red, "I'm gonna go again."

Hunter shrugged her shoulders and looked to Edward's figure, "I tried."

That's when Bella released the break and the bike went speeding forward. Hunter's heart skyrocketed and she gritted her teeth with anxiety. The moter of the bike was loud and frightening. It wasn't helping that Bella constantly looked behind her as if she was afraid of something.

   "She's gonna get hurt-"

   "Shut up!" Hunter screamed to Edward. Jacob looked at her, confused, "What?"

She realized that she looked crazy. Her eyes met his and she cringed, "What? Oh nothing."

   "That didn't look or sound like nothing?" He replied, furrowing his eyebrows. Hunter looked away from him when she heard Bella's whimpers. The bike was going out of control. "Bella, hit the brakes!"