Four.

Chapter 4:Internal Battles

Chapter 4:
Internal Battles

   Hunter's eyes flutter open, a view of darkness hiding behind the trees and a single shed of light from the moon poking through the leaves. The light illuminated where she layed on the cold dirt, a single white night gown covering her body.

With furrowed eyebrows and sweaty palms, she lifted herself onto her knees. There was no wind blowing, no crickets chirping, no owls hooting, just silence. It was almost like she wasn't even really outside.

There was a single drop of sweat sliding slowly down her back and her bones shook lightly. Her brown eyes watched her surroundings carefully as ominous fog protruded from behind the trees. It poured down into the field of dead flowers and grass, and it reached her skin.

   "Bella?" She called out into the twilight. No answer.

Her eyes travel back to the ground and her breath hitched at the sight. Bright red blood coated a fair amount of her night gown, the smell was sweet and overwhelming.

She rubbed at the blood roughly, whimpers escaping from her mouth. "Hunter?" A male voice spoke. The voice was familiar and intoxicating, it soothed her. Her head snapped forward and there he stood, across the field.

Winston watched her with horror, eyeing her bloody gown. She could practically taste how afraid he was. "Winston." She breathed, still pleased to see him regardless, "Winston, please, help me. I-I don't know where I am— or what happened-"

   "Why did you do that?" He cut her off, fear dripping off his words. She furrowed her eyebrows, "What?"

   "You killed her. Why did you kill her?" He cried.

Hunter shook her head and opened her mouth to reply before she looked down. Bella Swan layed in front of her, a bite mark on the side of her neck and her chest slashed open, as if an animal had attacked her.

She let out a small gasp and felt her eyes begin to water, "Bella." She reached for her friend's arms and shook them lightly, "No." she sobbed, her nostrils burning.

    "Your only friend and you killed her." Winston spoke again, his voice sounding closer and a lot more stern.

Hunter looked up and he wasn't across from her anymore, he disappeared. "You psycho." His voice was right behind her. She gasped and scrambled onto her feet, tears spilling from her eyes.

She twirled around in her spot, desperately trying to find his voice. She could hear her heartbeat thumping in her chest. It was the only thing convincing her mind that this was real.

   "You killed him too." Winston continued. Hunter found him standing beside a body that layed limp amongst the dead grass.

After taking one last glance at Bella's dead eyes, she ran over to the other body. Charlie Swan, no bite marks but scratches covered his body. She let out a cry and fell to her knees.