Fourteen.

Chapter 14:Full Moon

Chapter 14:
Full Moon

"Happy Birthday, Hunter." She looked away from her window, finding Edward right behind her. She hated when he did that, finding a way in without making a sound.

She sighed and pursed her lips, "Thanks." She lightly brushed past him and started picking up stray clothes off the floor. She didn't realize she made this much of a mess before leaving to Italy.

They were back in Forks within a day. Hunter never really spoke to anyone on the way back. She kept her head low and her responses short. There was a sheet of depression that followed her after what happened with her and her mother. Bella tried to pry, hoping to help her in any way, but Hunter refused. She wasn't ready to share the fact that she was almost killed before she was even born.

"I got you something." Edward said, gaining her attention. She tossed her clothes in the hamper and faced him, an unamused look in her eye. "How did you even have time to do that?" She asked, walking closer to him.

"Don't worry about it. Just look up." He grinned. So she did. She glanced up and saw nothing but her constellations. She shrugged, "What am I supposed to-"

The lights flickered off and they glowed brightly. She noticed instantly, the one star that didn't glow before, was now on like the rest of them. She gasped, "How did you-"

He was next to her in an instant, "I said don't worry about it." His tone was soft and inviting. She met his eyes and she exhaled, easily reading his thoughts. He towered over her but his face was close enough. "Edward-"

"Just— I wanna see something." He mumbled, quickly closing the space between their faces. In that moment she wanted to shove her hand in his chest and rip his heart out. He was about to kiss her, cheat on Bella. But she couldn't move.

The closer he got, the more curiosity she gained. "What was so appealing about him?" She would often think. His smell, his face, his skin, even the way he talked. He was a beautiful creature and that's all it took.

Their lips brushed together and before he could continue, a snicker left Hunter's mouth. His eyes opened and he watched her cover her mouth. Giggles left her and he blinked, confused. "Oh my god." She laughed, backing away from him. "You were about to kiss me."

A smile spread onto his lips, "Oh my god." He muttered, joining her in laughter. They were silenced though, small snickers leaving their mouths in an attempt to avoid being caught. "I can't believe you." Hunter whispered, slapping his arm.

Edward stood up straight, recovering from the laughs, "I'm sorry. I just needed to be sure."

She nodded, curving her lips upward. "You needed to see if you loved Bella more than me." He looked away, ashamed in himself. "It's okay. I understand."

"I love Bella." Edward spoke, his face hardening and his eyes studying the floor. "But I do, still love you too."

Hunter closed her eyes with dismay and she let out a heavy sigh. Before she could even speak, Edward was in front her again, his cold hands holding up her face, "I'm not asking you for anything. I won't push the boundaries. But I can't just wish this all away."